Fights and Apologies

Ophelia was walking in the yard with Hermione the next day. She had told her all about the events of the previous night.

Hermione shook her head, "I'm so sorry Ophelia. Truly I am. I know the two of you had become close. He really can be an awful person sometimes can't he?"

Ophelia sighed, "I just feel so foolish for thinking he actually cared."

She heard someone call her name from across the yard and looked up. Draco was with a few of the boys from the quidditch team and he came running over.

"What," She said coldly crossing her arms.

"I just wanted to talk to you for a moment," He said rubbing the back of his neck.

A few of the boys had followed him over and were standing there, observing them awkwardly.

"I have nothing to say to you," Ophelia replied quickly.

"Ophelia don't be like that."

"Oh do forgive me for not being thrilled to see you after the little stunt you pulled last night," She said sarcastically.

"You think I wanted to? I'm not surprised! I wouldn't expect a dimwit like you to understand," Draco replied angrily.

"A DIMWIT," Ophelia exclaimed, "Now I'm a dimwit as well! Well at least I'm not a two faced snake!"

She huffed, turned on her heel, and stormed away. Hermione turned to look at Draco and glared at him.

"Way to go Malfoy! Now look what you did," Hermione said sarcastically before running after Ophelia.

**********************************************

"Ophelia wait," Hermione said catching up to her, "Are you alright?"

Ophelia continued to storm off, "No I'm not. I'm furious at the moment. I think I just really need to be alone right now, if you don't mind."

Hermione nodded understandingly, "I'll meet you back in the common room whenever you're ready."

Ophelia stormed into the nearest empty classroom and slammed her hands on the desk angrily. How dare he! She heard someone walk into the room behind her and close the door.

"Hermione please! I told you I wanted to be alone!"

She turned around and to her surprise saw Draco leaning against the door.

"I need you to hear me out," He said crossing his arms.

"Get out Malfoy," She responded.

He winced at hearing her use his last name. He hated the way it sounded coming from her lips.

"No," He said walking towards her, "You need to listen to what I have to say!"

"And why should I," Ophelia said crossing her arms and glaring at him.

"Oh please," Draco said closing the distance between them until he was standing right in-front of her, "Will you stop with the dramatics for one second and listen to me!"

"Dramatics," She practically yelled, "Is that what you think this is? You didn't think for one moment that what you said might have hurt me? No of course you didn't. Why would you? I mean nothing to you! I'm just a stupid toy for you to play with!"

Ophelia pushed past him trying to leave as tears started forming in her eyes. He grabbed her arm to stop her and spun her around.

"Don't you dare say that! You have no idea what you're talking about!"

"No? I mean so little to you that you couldn't even admit that we were friends in front of your family. And you know, I was really dumb enough to think for a moment that you really were my friend. But I guess it was all one sided. So I guess you're right then. I really am a dimwit!"

She stood there trembling, clenching her fists as tears started running down her face. Draco hated himself for making her cry.

"Ophelia you mean more to me then you'll ever know," He said taking a few hesitant steps toward her, "You have to understand. I did it to protect you."

He continued to walk towards her until he was only a few inches away. Her bottom lip was trembling and she was looking at the floor as tears dripped down her face. He lifted her head up and wiped her tears away before pulling her into his arms. She sobbed quietly into his chest and he ran his hands gently through her hair.

"I did it to protect you. My father would use you Ophelia," Draco said lifting her chin so that she was looking at him, "If he knew how much you truly meant to me he would use you against me. And if he ever did anything to hurt you. I'd never forgive him for it. Or myself."

"Why didn't you warn me then," She sniffled.

"I'm so sorry. I should have. I really should have. And I'm so sorry for that. I know I messed up. I never meant to hurt you. But you....you mean the world to me. And if something ever happened to you. I-I don't know what I'd do."

His arms were wrapped around her and he pressed his forehead to hers. She sniffled softly and he placed a soft kiss on her forehead before wiping the rest of her tears away.

"Please don't cry anymore," Draco whispered, "I never meant to hurt you, honestly. I'm so sorry Ophelia. Could you ever forgive me?"

She nodded, "I understand now why you did it. I'm sorry for the way I acted."

He shook his head and brushed the hair out of her face, "You have nothing to apologize for. You had every right to act the way you did. I was a total asshole."

She giggled, "Yes you most definitely were!"

He smirked at her, "Yeah I guess I deserve that. I'll let you have that one," He said kissing her nose lightly.

She blushed slightly and slapped his chest, "Draco friends don't kiss each other!"

He raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah? Says who?"

"Says me," Ophelia replied giggling.

"Hmm? Well we'll see about that."

He smirked at her and pulled her into a kiss. She stood their in surprise for a second before wrapping her arms around him. He slowly slid his had down to her waist, pulling her closer and his other hand traveled to the back of her neck. His fingers sliding through her hair. He kissed her passionately and she could feel the butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Draco smirked when he pulled away and saw how flustered she was.

"That'll teach you to tell me what I can and can't do," He said laughing.

She shoved him, "Oh shut up!"

He laughed again and they walked out of the classroom together. He went to go join his friends and waved goodbye to her smiling. She waved back and turned to head back to the common room. She was glad that they had worked things out and even more glad that she knew now how he truly felt about her. Her fingers brushed her lips and she blushed thinking about the way he kissed her. Maybe things would work out between them after all.