Gryffindor Chambers

Professor McGonagall clapped her hands loudly to get everyone's attention, "Students. If you will please follow the head boy or girl of each of your classes to you dormitories. We've all had an exciting evening. However tomorrow marks the first day of our third year here at Hogwarts and it's going to be a big day. So everyone please get some rest!"

Ron smiled proudly at Ophelia, "My brother Percy is the head boy of Gryffindor!"

She returned his smile, "That's wonderful Ron!"

Hermione looped her arm through Ophelia's as she led the way out of the dining hall, "You just stick with us! We'll make sure you have an amazing year here won't we boys?"

Harry and Ron just nodded enthusiastically.

Ophelia laughed, "Alright then, deal!"

She felt someone tap her on her shoulder and turned to see Draco Malfoy standing behind her. Hermione, Ron, and Harry all scowled at him.

"What do you want Malfoy," Harry said warily.

"Relax! I only want to have a little chat with your new friend here," He replied rather curtly.

"What on earth would you want with Ophelia, Malfoy," Hermione said crossing her arms.

Ophelia put her hand on Hermione's arm lightly, "It's alright. I'll only be a moment. You guys can wait for me at the end of the hall and I'll catch up."

Hermione looked at her quizzically, "Are you sure?"

She nodded, "I promise."

Hermione gave one last glare directed at Malfoy and then pulled a protesting Harry and Ron down the hall.

She looked up at Draco, "They didn't seem too pleased to see you. Something I should know?"

Draco shrugged, leaned against the wall, and crossed his arms, "I'm not really the most well liked student at Hogwarts."

"Oh is that so," She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "And who's fault is that?"

He cocked an eyebrow and chuckled, "My own I suppose. You know I was kind of hoping you'd make Slytherin."

"Really? And why's that?"

He studied her face for a moment before giving her one of his crooked grins, "You intrigue me."

"Oh is that all," She replied making him chuckle.

She turned to walk away.

"Wait," he called out after her.

She turned back around, "Yes?"

His eyes were glued to her.

"When will I see you again?"

She shrugged, "Who knows? Maybe tomorrow. Maybe never. That's entirely up to you."

She gave him a smile that caused the dimples in her cheeks to poke out and caused her bright blue eyes to light up, "Is that all Mr. Malfoy?"

He averted her gaze, "For now I suppose so Ms. Kingsley."

She gave him a short two fingered salute before turning and running off to join her friends. Leaving him once again standing staring after her. He wasn't quite sure why. But she peaked his interest. And he wanted to know more about her. He smiled to himself as he rejoined his friends.

"What are you smiling about," Goyle asked him.

"None of your business!"

**********************************************