The Party

Hermione had been going through Ophelia's things for an hour now. Rummaging through her drawers and throwing random clothes onto the bed where Ophelia was sitting.

"Really 'Mione I don't see why I have to dress up. It's just a stupid party!"

Hermione turned to her exasperated, "Ophelia it's your first party at Hogwarts! Don't you want to look nice?"

Ophelia shrugged, "I don't really see why it matters."

"You are absolutely hopeless! Ooooooo! What about this! It's perfect!"

She was holding up a black skirt and a dark red top with off of the shoulder sleeves, "You have to wear it! Oh please say you'll wear it!"

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "You're really not going to give this up are you? Fine!"

She slipped into the outfit, matched it with a pair of black heeled boots, and spun around in a little circle as Hermione clapped her hands excitedly.

"You look absolutely stunning Ophelia, really!"

Ophelia laughed and turned to the mirror to pull her hair up.

"No," Hermione protested, "Leave it down tonight!"

She sighed giving up. There was no way she was going to win this one.

"Fine!"

Hermione led her down to the Gryffindor common room where the boys were waiting for them. Fred let out a low whistle when he saw her and George stared wide eyed.

"Bloody Hell Ophelia," Ron said breathlessly, "You look fantastic!"

"I'll say!" Fred said with a grin.

George didn't say anything but just nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

"Absolutely brilliant," Harry said blushing slightly.

Hermione absolutely glowed admiring her handy work, "Doesn't she though!"

Ophelia shuffled her feet anxiously, "Really? I don't normally dress up like this. Hermione forced me to."

The boys started protesting all together and she held up her hands in surrender, laughing.

"Alright, alright! I get it!"

"Right then," Hermione said looping her arm through Ophelia's, "Are we ready to go?"

When they all nodded in agreement they set off together. When they reached the Hufflepuff common room Ophelia pulled Hermione aside before going in.

"Hermione I-I'm nervous! I've never been to a party like this before. I'm still new to the whole socializing with large groups of people thing."

"You'll be just fine!" Hermione said patting Ophelia reassuringly, "You'll have me, Ron, Harry, and The Twins with you. And they'll be plenty of other people you know too."

"Yeah, yeah I suppose you're right!"

She took a deep breath, threw her shoulders back, flipped her hair over her shoulder, and walked in with Hermione as confidently as she could. It was a little crowded but Cedric found them almost immediately. He got very flustered when he saw Ophelia.

"Ophelia! W-wow! You look. I mean you look. What I mean to say is," He said stuttering and tripping over his words.

"Nice," Hermione said laughing, "Just tell her she looks nice Cedric."

He smiled at Ophelia and looked her up and down, "You really do."

"Thank you! Although I really can't take any of the credit. 'Mione did all the work."