The pleasure in company.

Pit. Pat. Pitter. Patter. Leisurely footsteps calmly walked along a soaked street. It had been raining for days now in the large city of Zhiganshina and though most were tucked away silently and content in their dreams, one woman was out enjoying the damp and refreshing air that the rain had brought on. Humming a quiet hymn to herself she continue her stroll. The woman was known for being a tad... Excited about her topics of interest, she was a good person and quite an intelligent one. She worked for an agency that hunted creatures that sulked through the darkened streets of the night and was a huge contribution to learning more about them. Now what were these creatures exactly? Ghouls. Cannibalistic, humanoid creatures that feasted on the dead flesh of their fallen victims. The woman, named Hanji Zöe, studied these ghouls as a living. In the area she lived in they weren't a common sight, so she felt safe enough to walk the semi lit streets alone and blissful to her thoughts.

"I'll kneel and sing an "ave" there for thee." She sang quietly, though not very religious herself she enjoyed hymnal and hymnal like music, it was calming. She sighed and looked around, her head tilted as something moved into an alley way, a dark shadow. It was too quick for her to distinguish what it was but she made her way cautiously. Although she wasn't an investigator currently she did serve and brought her weapon of choice with her no matter what. She held the platinum briefcase as chocolate-amber eyes went from soft and rich to alert and cautious. Whatever was in the alley way must not have noticed or cared she was around for it made some noise, she slowly walked up, "Is someone there?" She said in a low and stern voice. The noise stopped. Hanji looked down and saw a small pool of blood, "I can help you if you're injured. You don't need to be afraid." From inside the darkness of the alley way came a deep yet fragile voice, "How do I know I can?" She smiled softly and held out her hand, moving the case behind her back, "I know of a good hospital, they can patch you up in no time!" She said, slowly a figure emerged, beaten and battered, he had blood splattered on him. "Come on, I don't bite." The man, although shorter than her by a few inches, grinned wildly, "But I do." He said and lunged forward, silver orbs quickly transforming into solid black with ruby irises.
The scientist grinned and unleashed her weapon, a Koukaku formed from a strong ghoul she helped kill when she served on the field, it was a dual edge sword that could be separated into two smaller ones, she held them up in a cross shape in front of her as the ghoul unleashed his Kagune, a sturdy Koukaku that he was quick to use, a surprising thing given Koukaku's are known for their tendency to slow things down. "Well well. Seems we're on an even playing field." The ghoul chided, he held himself up using his Kagune. The blood apparently wasn't for show. He really was injured. "It seems so. Are you still going to try and fight me?" She asked, holding the swords in a battle ready stance, "As much as I'd love too I'd only get my ass kicked. If I would have known you were an investigator I wouldn't have tried this." He said and looked her up and down, she didn't seem like an investigator though... Odd. Hanji chuckled, "Well if that's the case why don't I just kill you now? You'd make a wonderful new specimen for my research!" The ghoul didn't like the sound of that and used the Kagune to throw chunks of the dirt and asphalt at her, it stunned her long enough to get away. "Damn..." She looked around before closing the briefcase, "Might as well head home..." She said and packed up.

While walking a pair of blood red irises watched her from the shadows, whoever this woman was, she was his next prey. This one would be a challenge and it was a while since he had one. All he needed to do was wait until she was vulnerable. Hanji noticed a feeling of being watched, as she arrived to her apartment she chuckled, "Would you like some coffee? I guess since you didn't kill me yet I'll return the favor." The small man clicked his tongue in annoyance, "Don't think of it as a favor. You will be my next victim. I'm just not strong enough right now to deal with you." He said and came up next to her, "Whatever you say-" his eyes faded back to the original stormy grey, "Levi." She nodded.

"Whatever you say, Levi."