Well... This is it

"Now then, you all need to be prepared by this afternoon. Please be ready and if you have any questions about what we will be encountering ask myself or our special operations squad over here." Erwin said, he motioned to Levi and his gaggle of ghouls. The male sat quietly and had no emotion on his face, Petra was scanning the crowd cautiously while Oluo, Eld, and Gunter were on edge. Levi looked over and saw Hanji's band of scientists who looked straight at him.

"That'll be all. Everyone is dismissed." The Commander said and soon Hanji's squad found Levi's, they asked him all sorts of questions and he tried to answer them the best he could but they were all rapid fire. Eventually Moblit calmed them down and the two groups went outside to talk.

"What's happened to Hanji?" Nifa asked quietly, Levi sighed, "I wish I could tell you about now but she had been kidnapped before. The same thing about that half ghoul a few years ago happened again." He said, Moblit was the next to ask a question, "So why are you guys fighting? I mean none of us at the HQ knew about your squad to begin with." Levi raised an eyebrow, "That's good," Levi turned to his ghouls, "It means you all were staying out of trouble." He said and turned back around, "In any case, I'll explain more when we return. I'd rather not have any rumors floating around before we leave." He said and Moblit nodded, "Sure thing, we do want to ask you about what all happened a few days ago."

~~~~

"Alright, I'm hoping everyone is prepared? Those who do not feel comfortable with this mission are excused from it. This isn't going to be like anything we've faced before. It's a far deadlier threat than anything you've seen in your years."

No one moved. Everyone started back at the Commander with a determined and ready gaze. No one was going to let a fellow comrade be left behind or hurt, especially not their favorite scientist.

Erwin looked at the crowd, "I see." He said and stood up straighter, "Now then, go to the loading docks, we leave in thirty minutes." He said and looked over at Levi's group, he walked over to them, "Are you all ready for this?" Each gave a nod of confirmation, Levi looked up at him, "Besides things have been boring without her." Erwin chuckled, "I'd assume so. You all will be riding in the van with the rest of the upper ranks, we have supplies for you to keep your strengths up while in battle and to make sure you have enough energy to fight." Levi crossed his arms, "Thank you, we'll be sure to utilize that." He said and Erwin nodded, "Good, I'll send Mike to find you all in a few minutes, I need to make sure everything is in line." He said and walked away, Levi looked at his group again and they sat down to talk before Mike came to get them.

~~~

The cars and armored vehicles rumbled with every bump in the road, the inhabitants in the vehicles were silent and tense, everyone was nervous and ready for what would come next. Nanaba and Mike sat in front of the gaggle of ghouls discussing what their strategy would be, a few other highly ranked investigators were doing the same thing.

Levi finally looked up, towards the ghoul gang he ran and to the investigators that helped him without question. He sat and began to think about what had happened over the course of nine months, how it felt like a few years. He also thought about what was coming. How no one's life would be the same, his, the Scouts, certainly not Hanji's. But he made a silent promise to himself, no matter what would happen, he would always come and get his scientist.

(Ehhhhhhh sorry this is so short... School started and I've had no real time (or motivation) to write but I'm going to finish this and I'm going to make it good.)