Chapter 24

Vonne

I woke up with a pounding head, I scanned the room as I slowly sat up. It was the same one like what Victoria rented.

Just like that, I felt this invisible weight on my body. The sight of her kissing someone made my skin crawl. I hated everything that happened last night, I felt so used and betrayed.

I covered my face with my palms, I just can't bring myself to cry because I am way too exhausted. Kreesha walked out of the bathroom wearing only a bathrobe, her hair still a little wet.

"I'll order us breakfast"

She said as she picked up the phone and carried on ordering our breakfast. I stood up from the bed still wearing this damned dress from last night. I honestly wanted to tear my skin off of my body, every inch of my skin that has been touched by her.

I walked over to the balcony that overlooks the whole beach and the sight itself was magnificent. My mind flew elsewhere that I did not notice that Kreesha is leaning on the balcony next to me.

"So, where do you go from here?"

Kreesha spoke quietly. This is the question that's been circulating in my mind, like where do I go from here? How am I supposed to avoid her when she's my neighbor and professor all at the same time.

"I don't know. But trying to avoid her would be a first"

I deeply sighed before looking at her

"I'm going home"

"Let me take you then"

"No Kreesh, I can go by myself. Besides, I drove my car here"

"I'll have my driver pick up my car then, problem solved"

She said feeling very proud with what she came up with. I shook my head lightly while cracking a small smile. She reminds me so much of Jacques, who by the way I haven't heard from

"Fine. But you're driving"

I said, smirking at her.

"Fine with me"

She responded as we heard a light knock on the door for room service. Breakfast has been served and we ate in a comfortable silence.

We are done eating and just hanging out on the couch

"You have something I can wear and change into? I have some but it's in someone's room"

I said the last part with obvious bitterness