Chapter 12

Vonne

The sun beaming on my face woke me up from my slumber before my alarm went off. I stretched for a bit before getting up. I took a bath and decided to choose my outfit for the day.

I went for cream slim fit men's trousers with a black long sleeve shirt paired with a plain white adidas sneakers. I don't feel like dressing up today.

I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs. I saw Kitty in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Good morning" I greeted

"Oh you woke up early" she briefly turned to look at me before going back to cooking.

"Says you." I answered taking a seat

"I wanted to make you breakfast, I know that you will skip it if I am not here" She said with her back turned

She came to me side to put some freshly cooked pancakes on my plate.

"So, my flight will be today." Kitty continued.

My mood went crashing down hearing this. So much for a great day.

"Hey, I will come back. I am just needed urgently, I'll be back before you know it." she said reassuring me

"Finish it faster, please" I said showing her my puppy eyes while pouting.

"You're such a baby. And yes I will" Kitty said laughing lightly

I ate my food and hugged Kitty and said my goodbye. I hopped in to my car and put on some music. In just a few minutes, I reached the school parking lot, I don't really feel like going to school.

Walking the hallway of the building, I was enveloped in a warm and literal breath-taking hug from Blair.

"Vonne! Oh my gosh! I missed you!" she exclaimed with her arms hooked around my nape.

"Blair you just didn't see me yesterday" I said trying to remove her arms from me.

"Still" she whined with a pout. I playfully rolled my eyes at this.

"Kitty's leaving today" I said to her na parang nag susumbong. She finally pulled away and looked directly to my eyes. I know that she knows that it made me sad.

"Uuwi naman si ate Zasha. Don't be sad na, how about I treat you lunch later?" Blair said trying to lift up the mood.

I smiled slightly at her and she smiled back.

"Let's go" she said putting her arm around my shoulder, leading me to our first class which I would like to skip.