Chapter 51

Vonne

Miss Ruiz left in a rush and I have no idea why she looks like she's about to cry, I left Jelly for a while to go after Miss Ruiz but I saw her getting in a cab and all I could was watch it drive away.

I am so confused about the recent events. First, the fact that she nonchalantly told me she's not married. And I admit, I lost updates about her since I left. I promised myself that I will stop and cut all connections I have with her. I busied myself with work to block the subconscious urge to check on her, and that became a habit. Thus, making Jelly's accusation true, that I haven't moved on yet. Because if I have, I wouldn't be bothered with her leaving so sudden.

I literally wanted to ran after the cab, but I can't. I just can't show her that after these years and after all the pain, she still affects me. I made it a goal to show her that all we could be is former student and teacher.

But let me admit this, my heart is so happy to know that she's not married. Even Blair did not tell me, none of my friends did. And I haven't asked them about it either, if they knew or not doesn't matter. They all probably thought that it's best for me not to know.

At this point, I don't know if there will ever be a future for us. Hindi ko ipag tutulakan ulit ang sarili ko sa taong minsan na akong hindi pinili. Kahit pa ipag palagay natin na may nararamdaman parin ako sakaniya.

It will be better to keep it to myself. I developed trust issues because of her, all that I am right now is because of our failed romance.

I questioned everything we shared, kung lahat ba ng iyon ay totoo. If she really meant when she said she loves me. But then again, she wouldn't have accepted that proposal if she truly did.

And I would be lying if I said that I am no longer in pain. The pain is still there, I just got used to it.

I sighed as I locked the door behind me, I resumed taking care of Jelly. Gave her a change of clothes so that she will be comfortable and I decided to sleep on the couch since the spare room is full boxes.

I immediately fell asleep as soon as my back met the soft leather couch, hoping that tomorrow will give sense to what happened tonight.

***

The bright morning sun woke me up, I stretched a bit and noticed that Jelly is no longer in bed. I spent a few more minutes tossing and turning in bed until I got bored and decided to freshen up.

I wore a spaghetti strap top and a plain black runner shorts. I did not bother to wear any bra, I am not used to it especially when I am at home. Besides, living with Jelly for more than 3 years is enough time for the both of us to be comfortable around each other.

"Good morning, drunkard" I greeted as soon as I saw Jelly in the kitchen, busy prepping our breakfast

She turned to me with an offended look

"Don't call me that, that was one time" she defended