Chapter 47

Vonne

I am currently sitting on a swivel chair trying to comprehend the conversation between me and Blair for the first time in more than 3 years. Indeed, a lot of things took place, things have changed. Especially for me, I took residency here in Florence Italy and I share my flat with Jelly a long-lost friend of mine back in the USA but we crossed paths here in Italy.

She's working as a finance head manager for the biggest bank here in Italy while I work as a clinical psychologist in Roberto Assagioli Psychiatric Hospital.

As much as I would like to tell you how life has been since I came here, I can't. I can say that I got used to living with a roommate in a land where nobody knows who I am. But something is still missing, you know how when you feel like you forgot something but can't remember what it was? That's how I constantly feel, like something cardinal in my life is nowhere to be found.

For what it's worth, I learned how to cover that up and ignore that feeling

A light knock was heard, and in was my roommate wearing a usual office attire. I gestured for her to come in and she did

"You look dumb when you're in deep thoughts" she joked as she slumped down on my office couch

"Oh, shut up Jels. At least I have the human ability to think deep unlike you"

She gagged on her saliva, clearly not ready for my remarks

"Why the hell do you have to be so damn blunt?" she rhetorically asked

I just gave a slight shrug

"For god's sake Vonne, three horrible years of living under the same roof with you? I know when something is greatly bothering you. So, tell me. Chop chop"

Jelly said clapping her hands, I just shook my head at her mischievous rants

"Got a call from the Philippines"

As soon as I said that, Jelly straightened up and leaned forward looking very curious about the subject at hand.

"Oh my god! Who was it from? Please don't tell me it's Victoria"

I got a strange yet familiar feeling at the sound of her name. It's been a good few years since I heard nor said that name. The same name that used to give me comfort, warmth and security, and if you are all wondering? Yes, I told Jelly about it, as in everything and she's kind enough to help me get through that epic heart break.

"No, it's my best friend. She-"

"Now hold on a god damn second. That's me"

She cut me off, looking very hurt

"For fuck's sake Jelly! I can have as many best friends as I want, you know"