Chapter 11|Towards the unknown

It had been years since the great battle of Troy had ended. It appeared that all was well, but the world was turning into a vaccum which sucked the life out of countries and kingdoms.

Something wasn't right and it was in the air. Yet the rich seemed to bask under the sunshine and the poor toiled from dusk till dawn.

None bothered about the catastrophes, all, except one.

"Even the island of Heracleion is missing." Said a deep voice, as he quickly rolled the map. "They said, that the waters of the Nile flooded the city which was made on softer soil and it vanished."

She shut her eyes moving her lips to a little prayer for the lost souls. Opening her steel blue eyes which were calm like the tide less sea, she asked, "How many more lands disappear?"

"We've lost Chryse too, archigós (chief)." Replied the man who held the rolled map in his hand.

"It's ironic that no Apollo priestess nor oracle predicted this!" Scoffed the chief, who rolled her eyes. "First....I lost my home, my people and slowly everyone is losing theirs and WE STILL SIT HERE NOT KNOWING WHAT WE ARE UP AGAINST."

Silence ensued, they knew they hadn't gotten far with their mission. Rather, they were fighting aimlessly and blindly against a force who's power they hadn't the slightest clue about.

People were vanishing, cities were collapsing, islands sinking and yet no one knew why it was happening in the first place.

"Archigós, we need to do something about this." Said one of the women, who stood to one end of the cave.

The chieftess stood up from her seat made of soft grass. Behind her, was carved in stone the huge statue of the Goddess of justice- Themis.

It was carved from the walls of the caves and covered with soft green algae and ferns which grew because of the minimalistic sunlight and the dripping roof water from the caves.

"By the Order of Themis, we must get to the bottom of this matter

"By the Order of Themis, we must get to the bottom of this matter." She said.

"Nai archigé (yes chief)." They answered in one voice.

"Archigós, Thanatos seeks one man." Began a rather robust female voice.

"Who might that be Hera?"

"Perseus, the son of o Días." Replied Hera.

The chiefs steel blue narrowed a little and her dark brows knit into a scowl.

"Should I keep an eye on him?" Asked Hera.

"I'll do that." She replied and left the cave.