Chapter 1| The Oath of Tyndareus

Hellas, Macedonia, Achaea or Greece.
This archipelago of 6,000 islands is known by many names.

But

The truth was, that these 6,000 islands and islets were scattered amongst the Aegean Sea and the Ionian Sea.
These two seas are an elongated embayment of the major water body-
The Mediterranean.
Besides the massive water bodies which divide the lands; the Greecian peninsula is eighty percent of rugged mountains and deep gorges and valleys.

Greek islands were, each ruled by their own rulers and dynasties. Each island was known as a city-state or Polis.
Each city-state had a strong sense of individuality and independence.
Although they spoke the same language, wore the same clothes, worshiped the same God's; they were a vastly divided nation.

But one cataclysmic event bought this division into a vague sense of union.
The name of this change and union is a name way before the mighty Alexander and his Hellenistic Golden Age of rule.

The empire was known as Mycenae.
Founded in 1350 BCE, which was the period of the Later Bronze Age.
King Atreus came to rule this city-state in 1250 BCE.

It was thus during this time, that this kingdom reached the peak of his power.
Atreus was succeeded by his oldest, most brutal and ambitious son- Agamemnon.

True to his nature and ambition, Agamemnon had most of the Greek peninsula under his grasp.
The once small Mycenae kingdom, situated between the two hills on the Argolid plain of Peloponnese; now became a huge empire called Achaean under the Atreid dynasty of Mycenae.

The philosophical, democratic state of Athens remained largely independent along with the famed city of Troy that lied to the northwest of Asia Minor- modern day Turkey.

Troy lay southwest of the Çanakkale Strait, south of the mouth of Dardanelles and northwest of Mount Ida.
Troy was a well fortified city, known for its trade and leisurely nature.
It was ruled by Priam, who was not a man of war, but of arts.

But unlike these artistic men, lied in the heart of the Mycenae empire was Sparta.
Sparta was the hotbed of military activity. Unlike Athens's, Sparta believed it's strength lie in its military.

Just like brains and brawns can't cohabit;
so was Athens and Sparta.

From here begins the epic battle of Troy and the integration of a hero who through his hardships became the famed and beloved hero of Greece.