Chapter 16|Enemies at bay

"Do you think we'll be safe here?" Asked Danaë sceptically, as she looked at the cave.

"I suppose so." Shrugged Ashwatthama.

An awkward silence followed until Danaë mumbled, "I hope Percy is alright."

"He should be." Mumbled Pyrrhus.

Ashwatthama couldn't get his mind off Karn whom he saw when imprisoned. Now that he had finished sobbing a river, his logic began to kick in.

Had Karn survived? Was he hiding after the war? Was he hallucinating?

Yes it must be auditory, tactile and visual hallucination. Nothing else, he thought shaking his head. But it seemed so real....

"You defeated that monster

"You defeated that monster....what's bothering you?" Asked Andromeda looking intently at Perseus.

"I saw a mark...."

"What mark?" She frowned.

"The star of Ishtar... tattooed upon the thick skin of that creature."

For a moment, Andromeda was silent until she muttered, "Umm....maybe the creature was sent by...the cult...."

"Sent....or created...I don't know what, but it is related to Thanatos." He sighed, looking across the room where she had perched herself on a furry couch.

"Do you think they know you're here? Was it sent to kill you?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

He stood up from his seat grumbling, "If I knew that I would've been God Andromeda...."

"Where are you going?" She asked, quickly following him.

"To find a way out of this stinking hellhole!" He snarled and walked ahead with quick strides.

Andromeda kept running behind him until he suddenly stopped his stride. Bumping straight into him, she muttered, "Sorry. But have you found a way out?"

"No..." He replied, turning towards her, "just waiting for you to catch up."

She smiled and they continued walking side by side until they exited the palace. Now that they had figured out where they were, they felt an ominous presence. A feeling a being watched and observed. It felt as though every eye was staring at them.

Perseus took a quick glance over his shoulder to look if anyone had been following them. But, there was nothing. Neither was anyone following them, nor were they being watched.

Yet it seemed like there was an ever present eye, an ever present underlying influence around them.

Just then, a poster caught Perseus eye. It was stuck to a common wall and had a weird portrait of him drawn on it. The lines below the drawing read...

BIND THE EVIL ONE WHO KILL'S OUR GOD.

"What the hell!" Exclaimed a horrified Andromeda. "Wh...which God did you kill?"