Chapter 1

I've always been critical and intelligent. I've been doing well on my own for the past few years. I had to learn how to cope with things by myself the year after Kojiro left for Italy. Shindo left about a half a year before that. At first, I felt like I couldn't live without them. But then I learned that I can be independent. But Kojiro has still been there for me. He's been someone to talk to. And I appreciate-

" Sir, it's getting late," Arata, one of my newer staff members, said, poking his head into the room I was writing in. 

" Thank you, I will close up," I answered and he nodded and walked away. I looked down at my work. Lately, my work hasn't been at its best. It needed more spark. I left it there on the table and stood up. I washed my brushes and closed the ink bottle. I took my bag and walked out of the shop. I locked the doors and walked down the sidewalk. Not many cars were out but a few passed by. I looked up at the sky and thought. What else do I need? 

" Hey, Pinky!" I turned and saw Kojiro, leaning over his handles. " Do you need a ride?" I looked at him and continued walking, not saying a word. " Come on, Kaoru! You don't have to give anything back." Again, I ignored him and continued walking. " It's late, Kaoru! Just hop on!" I finally stopped and looked at him. He had a stupid smile on his face as if he achieved something. 

" Ugh, fine, but I'm not owing you anything," I answered. I walked over at him and sat behind him on the seat. He looked over his shoulder to check I was holding on tight enough and ready. I adjusted my hands around his torso and I felt his body tense. The bike started and the wind went through my hair. I felt my ponytail go flying and loose. We drove through the rest of the street until he stopped in front of my house. It took me a minute to make sure we wouldn't randomly start going again. I let go of him and got off the bike. 

" Thanks, Kojiro," I said, stopping in front of the steps to my house. I looked at him and he smiled at me. 

" Your hair looks better down," He said and roared up his bike before driving off. 

I watched as he left me. I felt my face get hot. I blamed it on the weather and walked inside. My fingers went through my hair and I found that my elastic hairband flew out of my hair during the ride. That's why he said that. I took my shoes off and set my bag down on the counter. 

What a day.

--

Alright so here's the schedule for this story. I have submitted three starter chapters but the days I will post the chapters will be on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. Only one chapter per day.

Alright that's all for the Author's Notes for now, enjoy!

- author