Chapter 7

I was in the bathtub. The hot water moved around my limbs. I've been in here for almost an hour. I've been sitting in the hot water for so long the tips of my fingers got wrinkles. My hair was slicked back and floating in the water. My arms were clasped around my biceps. I sunk lower in the bathtub. A song that I never heard before came on the speaker I put in the bathroom. I listened to the lyrics carefully.

'Our secret moments in your crowded room'

'They've got no idea about me and you'

I closed my eyes and listened more.

'There is an indentation in the shape of you'
'Made your mark on me, a golden tattoo'

Kojiro's face appeared in the darkness of my eyelids. He was looking at me. His glass of wine sitting next to him. His face was so close that I could feel his body heat. I saw my hand inch closer to his face. I wanted to hold him. I wanted him on me. I wanted his lips- Woah.

There was a change in the music and I opened my eyes. Kojiro wasn't there anymore.

'Say my name and everything just stops'

'I don't want you like a best friend'

My limbs scrambled up and I went to my phone, which was connected to the speaker. I went to the song. I looked at the song's name and sat back down in the warm water. My best friend's image stayed in my mind the whole time I listened to this new song. The rest of verse two continued and I tried to listen to all the lyrics in the fast pre-chorus.

'All of this silence and patience, pining in anticipation'

'My hands are shaking from holding back from you'

My cheeks heated from the images coming into my mind. My heart ached from a sort of longing. My hand covered my mouth and my legs curled up to my chest. My heartbeat sounded louder in my echoing head. I couldn't stop thinking about Kojiro. His green hair that went to the nape of his neck, his stupidly handsome smirk and smiles, his deep red eyes that could be filled with jealousy or that were so deep that it felt I'd slipped and fallen into them. The way that he looked intimidating but he was just a normal human being like everyone else in the room. The way he got excited to cook any new Italian dish or when Shindo, he, and I first made "S". He was so excited to competitively skate with the idea that we could also get caught. 

The songs continued and I stayed in the bath for another fifteen or twenty minutes. My cheeks got more heated and my fingertips pruned. This can't be right. I stood up from the water and drained it out. I got a towel and dried off my body. I put my pajamas on and picked up my phone, dismissing the music.