Chapter 2

" Come on Kojiro! Don't be a pussy and jump!" I urged him. Shindo and I were already in the water under the bridge. 

" Are you sure it's safe?" He shouted back. 

" Nanjo, both of us are fine! So jump!" Shindo encouraged too. I looked down at my feet and pretended to shout in pain.

" Oh no! My foot! It hurts!" I shouted. Well, that made Kojiro jump in the water. Shindo and I laughed as his green hair popped up from the water.

" Are you alright, Kaoru?"  He asked and I laughed.

" I was playing, Joe," I answered and his face reddened from embarrassment. We all laughed and played in the water. I let my hair down from its high ponytail. I rubbed my eyes from the water and balanced on my back, looking at the sky. Shindo and Kojiro were whispering to each other before it went quiet. I felt the water move differently under me and felt myself get lifted up. I shrieked and wriggled. 

" Woah, Woah! Calm down!" Kojiro and Shindo laughed as I screamed. 

" Let me go!" I screamed rolled out of his arms into the water. Shindo and Kojiro continued laughing as I came up. " Not funny!" I whined and pushed Kojiro. Two things I hated: being picked up and being tickled. I knew I was being a buzzkill but the moment continued. We splashed each other until we all got bored and walked out of the wide river. 

The air was cold over my wet body even though it was a warm day. The three of us shivered as we walked back up to the bridge to get our stuff. I messed with my hair and rung the water out of it. Shindo was looking at his feet and Kojiro was looking up and walking confidently. He looked over at me and smiled. 

" You look better with your hair down," He said, and I pushed his shoulder playfully. I was smiling too.

" Thanks," I said and picked up my bag. 

The three of us continued walking on in the hot weather until we went our separate ways. Kojiro stayed walking with me until he got a call and left for his own home. I walked inside my family's house, kicking off my shoes and walking up to my room. The windows were open and I continued to shiver in my wet clothes. My tongue messed with my lip ring as I looked for dry clothes and a warm blanket. I changed my clothes and curled up in my bed and warm blanket. It was a good day.