Chapter 25

(a/n this chapter is a bit confusing for me bc I'm aroace but I'll try my best to write it in a style that is allo and in a cherry and joe way you get me? k enjoy it then)

I was sitting on Kojiro's couch. It was the next day. Kojiro was bringing over some tea and coffee. I didn't know how to act. He was right. This love is complex and figuring things like this is too. This change is so big that I didn't know how to think. Kojiro sat next to me with a reassuring smile. He knew I was nervous about this. I've never dated anyone before, not even in high school.

" Do you want to set ground rules?" He asked me after a--what seemed like-- long moment. I opened my mouth to speak but ended up closing it a second later to think.

" Yes, I think that would be good," I answered. 

" What do you want it to be then?" He asked after. His voice was gentle and comforting. I appreciated it all. 

I gave him my options and any examples I added. He understood me and I felt like everything was normal. He added his own bullet points; what he liked and what he didn't. He said we could take it slow and we'd work on it together. 

His hands cupped my face and his fingers went through my hair. He kissed me and I felt blissful. This kiss felt like it was going on forever before Kojiro moved back. It was a slow pull back but there was space between us now. I opened my eyes and found him looking at me. He smiled and stood up. 

" I need to go get food prepared for Sia la luce," He answered the question in my mind and walked to the kitchen. My eyes followed him before he disappeared into the different room. 

I sat on the couch for a few minutes, thinking to myself. This relationship is a new step and I knew that things were going to change from now on. But I also knew that since Kojiro and I grew up together that everything would be okay. 

I stood up and walked to the kitchen, finding Kojiro at the counter, his back to me. He was getting meats (a/n: beating his meat- I'll stop) prepared for his restaurant. I snuck behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso. I rested my head on the nape of his neck and he looked over his shoulder, looking at me. 

" You're clingy, aren't you?" He commented. I hummed and kissed his jaw. He smiled and went back to his preparations. I watched him and helped around for the rest of this time. 

-- Timeskip Brought by Lovejoy's Pebblebrain EP bc I'm Listening to it Right Now--

It was getting dark and I was getting ready to go. My head was lying on Kojiro's shoulder as we watched the tv together. I sat up straighter and reached to grab my bag.

" I'm gonna get going now," I said, getting up. Kojiro grabbed my wrist and pulled me down again, kissing me. I smiled and put my hand on his cheek, kissing him back before pulling away. 

" Alright," He answered. He kissed my knuckles and let go of my hand. " See ya."

" See you later, " I repeated. I've never loved someone and now I am. There's something about it that keeps me excited and happy. I like this new feeling. 

I walked out of his house and to my car. I rolled on my heels and clasped my hands together, a smile on the corners of my lips. I was happier than I was, I knew. I've gotten my spark back. 

--

I do wanna say this. during the time that kaoru had his injuries (once he got well enough ofc) he still worked on his calligraphy. like he was healing for like two months and its not like ai calligraphy was closed. yeah no it was still open and working. kaoru sent his works out and the workers went back after that one week. just thought i should point that out because i kinda forgot about it