Chapter 8

Today was the day that Kojiro was to leave for Italy. I was running late to the airport. I hope I didn't miss him and he was already on the plane. The car stopped in front of the doors and I ran inside. I tried my best to be polite but I needed to get to him. It was eight in the morning and I didn't have time to change. I was still in my pajamas and my hair was a mess. I couldn't wait for the escalator to get to the top. I ran up the steps and went to the station that Kojiro said he would be at. I saw a head of green hair and moved through the people in my way. 

" Kojiro!" I shouted. A few people looked in my direction for shouting in an airport. " Kojiro Nanjo!" I shouted again. This time he turned. I was so close. Just a few more people. I continued running until I got to him. I ran into his arms and he caught me. 

" You're here! I didn't think you'd come," He said. I was panting as my hands searched my pockets for a box. 

" I thought I missed you and you were already on the plane," I said. Some people were staring at us and some of them didn't care. I found the box and showed it to him. 

" What is it?" He asked, taking the box.

" You got to open it, idiot. That's the point of a gift," I answered, still catching my breath. Kojiro opened the box. Inside was a necklace made out of a leather cord. There was a blue triangle with other colorful layers. It was pretty big so he would have it for a long time. 

" Kojiro, we gotta go!" 

" Okay! I'll be there!" He shouted back to his parents. He hugged me with a tight hug. I hugged back tightly too. I didn't want him to leave. I felt a rasp in my throat and I swallowed it as Kojiro gave me his last smile in a while and walked away. " I'll call you every day, okay?"

" I'm gonna miss you so much," I answered. The last part was a whisper. I didn't want to cry in front of him but the rasp in my throat didn't go away and only started getting worse. My eyes got watery. He hugged me one last time.

" I know, Kaoru. I'll miss you too," He said and walked away with his family. I took a deep breath and walked back out of the airport and into my parent's car. I'm gonna miss him so much.