Chapter 20

We got to the skating scene and parked. Once we both got out and made our way to the crowd of people, some people asked if I was okay. I didn't want to answer all of their questions and requests but I did tell them that I was okay. We got over to Reki, Langa, and Miya. Langa was telling him to win and Joe and I told him any advice that would help him out of a difficult spot. 

" Look, it's not like it's guaranteed that I'm gonna lose," Reki replied back. " Well, it's not guaranteed that I'm gonna win either. I just don't wanna be disappointed in myself any longer." Miya sighed and walked away, muttering to himself. 

" I'll be waiting at the finish line," I said. " Push me," I ordered Joe. He sighed and got behind my wheelchair. 

" What happened to Carla?" He asked me, going over to the widescreen that was to show off the beef. Miya waited for us and Langa came after a few minutes. The race was about to start and Adam and Reki got ready. The light turned green and they burst out onto the track. Adam was in first, which was expected. 

" See? He can't put up a fight!" Miya thought out loud. 

" Even then...," I watched as the beef continued, Adam ahead and Reki a few feet behind. Something seemed off. " Reki is going slower than usual."

" Is he hesitating?" Joe asked. I wasn't too sure. I knew if Reki really wanted to fight against Adam, he would go faster than this. We all watched in concentration. 

Adam started off quickly with the Love Hug and people cheered for him.

" He's really doing it?" Joe said, moving closer to see better. It was a trick, Adam's back straightened as Reki passed by him. " Oh shit, he fell right into it," Joe commented. 

" Get away from him, Reki!" Miya shouted at the screen. 

Everyone watched as Adam plunged his hand towards the redhead and threw him off the board. Reki stumbled and fell down. 

" Reki!" Langa shouted, inching forward. He sounded nervous and scared. I could see his hands ball into fists. People muttered around us at the sudden move that Adam did. More and more opinions slid over to Adam's side for the winner. Reki got up from the ground, he looked more serious than ever. 

" Don't stand up, you idiot!" Miya shouted. He really cared about Reki and admired him. I too hope that Reki would be uninjured after this fight. 

Once Reki got back on his board, Adam slammed back into him and Reki fell off again, rolling on the ground. Adam grabbed his arm and spun him around, dragging him along the rocky floor. Reki shouted in agony but he didn't let go. The bystanders were quiet, watching this happen in front of their eyes. Some more mumbles emerged from the crowd. Adam picked Reki up, making them face to face. Adam slammed Reki against the rock wall, making his back slide ruthlessly against the bumpy and prickly wall. Reki shouted in pain. Miya came over to us, fear in his eyes.

" Let's make him stop, Joe!" Miya pleaded. 

" That would be useless," said a voice. Joe, Miya, and I turned to see a man known as "Snake" standing behind us. " Adam won't stop unless that boy is taken out for sure."

" Reki isn't going to simply go down either," Langa's voice replied, his eyes still on the screen.

" Why do you think that?" Snake asked. 

" Because we promised each other," Langa admitted. I could see from his profile that he was serious. He wasn't scared anymore for Reki. He was confident for him. 

Adam and Reki skated side by side, Reki breathing harshly but still fine enough to stand. His face looked rough but nothing he couldn't handle. A corner was coming up in the road and there wasn't a wall to block you if you missed. It was right down.  Adam leaned toward Reki but Reki was getting ready for a plan of his own. Reki moved faster towards the corner, but he wasn't turning.