Chapter 23

A month has gone by and Kojiro left my house at the beginning of the week. I was back at AI Calligraphy and making more artwork to be shown to the public. I had already pre-made them and I was currently sitting in my car. I wasn't sure why I was in here. My hands grasped the wheel as I stared into nothing. It was starting to rain and the drops plopped on my windows. For a couple of weeks, it would rain. I could go to Sia la luce. Or I could stay home.

I turned the radio on, making the quiet car less quiet. I found a station that was playing good music and kept it there. I pulled out of the driveway and decided to go to the cliffside that looked over the beach. It might seem stereotypical but it is one of my favorite spots. I would like to go look over the beach for a date if it ever happens (a/n this is canon ish its on sk8 wiki)

I parked the car in the closest area that I was able to and walked to the cliffside. I took my hair out of the ponytail and let the wind carry it. I let my legs lay out and my arms support me, placing them behind me. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze on me. It was late afternoon and the sun was becoming more golden. I watched as the water glistened and shimmered with the reflection of the sun. It was a sight to see. 

I saw someone sit close by to me and I turned my head. His tan heels crossed over each other and he took a deep breath. I rolled my eyes and looked ahead.

" I thought I'd find you here," Kojiro said. 

" Why were you looking for me?" I asked. I ran my hand through my hair, my fingers impulsively twirling the ends.

" The kids wanted to have a hang-out dinner at Sia la luce,"  He said, looking at me and I looked at him. " Reki, Langa, and Miya went to your place but couldn't find you so they went to me." 

" I see," I replied, looking back over the ocean. I took a moment before I added. " Are they waiting for us?"

Kojiro looked at the time on his phone. " They most likely are," He answered. I sighed and stood up, Kojiro following my movements. 

We got into our separate cars and drove to the restaurant. We went inside and everyone was talking. Shadow was here too, he got out of the hospital about half a month ago. Kojiro started getting the dinner ready and I sat with the kids. We caught up about anything and eventually, Kojiro set the food down and sat next to me at the table.

We ate and continued to talk. Reki and Langa talked about something that went on at school and Miya made fun of them. Shadow talked about this new person he had a crush on since he was over the flower shop manager that he worked with. Reki tried to push the secret out but couldn't manage to. 

Eventually everyone walked out and waved goodbye. Shadow had to take the kids home so the two teenagers and middle schooler followed behind him. I helped Kojiro pick up the dishes and washed them. 

" Do you mind staying and talking for a bit?" He asked me as we worked together to wash the dishes and pans. I guess it couldn't hurt.

" I don't," I replied.