Who Stole Sam?

Jeff was drawing pictures of what the boys saw.

"Alright. Let's review this one more time. At precisely 8:32-ish... exhibit A, Sam, was kidnapped. Exhibit B. A composite sketch of the kidnapper" said Anthony.

Jeff drew Sam's kidnapper with a long, long beard.

"He didn't have a beard like that" said Calvin.

"Okay. Jeff, give him a shave" said Greg.

Jeff erased the beard and said "how's this, kids?"

"The kidnapper was taller than that" said Charles Wallace.

"Oh, picky, picky, picky" said Jeff.

"Let's just go straight to exhibit F. The kidnapper's vehicle" said Greg.

"Now. Which way did the vehicle leave the singles' party? I hope you know" said Murray with fear.

"Sorry, Muzz, we don't. We didn't see the vehicle leave" said Calvin.

"But there was some kind of message on that license plate" said Charles Wallace.

"Charles, it's a license plate. It's just a jumble of letters" said Anthony.

"And there are a gazillion registered cars in Wiggletown alone" said Murray.

"What were the letters on it?" said Greg.

"Let's see. They were... BTMN RBN" said Charles Wallace.

"That does kind of give us a message, eh?" said Murray.

"Yeah... it sounds like... Batman and Robin" said Jeff.

"Batman and Robin! Yeah! And that lady Sam was with. She turned out to be Catwoman" said Charles Wallace.

"So another Batman villain could have taken her" said Greg.

"But who?" said Anthony. 

The kids thought for a minute then Calvin got an idea.

"Hey. I thought his face looked familiar. Jeff, draw that man in a purple suit with green hair and clown makeup" said Calvin.

Jeff drew a picture of the kidnapper with Calvin's description and they instantly knew who it was.

"It's the Joker!" Charles Wallace yelped.

"That's our guy" said Greg.

"I knew there was something I didn't like about that Joker" said Calvin.