Motera

Jacks POV:

Tooth sighed and gave me a quick hug as she left. She took the news better than I was expecting after seeing Emma's visions. Speaking of…where did she run off to? Maybe I was hanging around her a little too much…I just found her powers so fascinating. She looked nothing like I would expect for someone with such an important gift. She actually reminds me of someone my age, maybe a little more serious. I wonder when the last time she was able to let go and have fun was?

I smiled at my plan and went off to find her, looking in Norths office, the workshop, even back in the Globe room before finally looking outside, finding her on the roof. She was pacing in the air, rubbing her forehead as if she was deep in thought.

"Telling him distracts him, not telling him is wrong, but distracting him would hurt everyone involved, but it's not fair that he doesn't know. It's his future too." She was rambling quietly to herself. I made a snowball, infusing it with my power before throwing it at her. She then did something I wasn't expecting. She turned around and caught it.

"You can't surprise someone who can see the future Jack." She said as she threw it back at me, laughing as it hit my face. I started laughing as I threw another one, starting a mini snow ball fight. It might not have worked exactly the way I was expecting but I got her mind off of things for a little bit. After things died down, we were sitting on the roof and she was trying to get every bit of snow off of her clothes. I laughed as she had missed her entire back.

"Help me out?" She asked. I nodded and began scraping the snow off her back, smiling as she finished scraping the snow off her arms. Afterwards, she sat, slightly hovered above the snow as I sat directly in it.

"Why don't you sit down?" I asked and she laughed, looking over.

"You're lucky I had the snowball fight with you. I hate the snow and cold. Unpleasant memories." I nodded.

"Now who were you mumbling about before?" I asked, chuckling as she turned away quickly.

"It was nothing. Just some thoughts to myself." I floated up next to her, putting my arm around her shoulders.

"Hey, you can tell me. I'm not gonna tell anyone." She moved away slightly. I dropped my arm, lowering my head.

"Listen…I'm sorry if I seem…creepy or something. It's just…you're the first…um…person I guess…that I've encountered that's even remotely close to my age. Plus your powers are really awesome I can't even lie. If you don't want to be friends or get close or something, I understand…" She sighed and bumped me with her shoulder.

"That's not what this is about Jack. I would love to be friends with you." I looked over and smiled, noticing her eyes for the first time. So many colors swirling around, never settling on one. Like a kaleidoscope of rainbows, as if she didn't have one specific eye color.

Suddenly there was a loud crash from inside. We both rushed in to see a girl sitting in the middle of the room, vines covering her arms with a dress of dark blue and a crown of poison ivy. She was shrouded in mist. I quickly glanced at Emma, taking a small step in front of her, lifting my staff slightly.

"WHERE IS MY FATHER?? I KNOW YOU DID SOMETHING TO HIM!!!" North and Sandy came running in as I looked at Emma in confusion.

"Who's her father?" I whispered slowly. North answered my question.

"Pitch…he is gone Motera. He was defeated in the Great Nightmare War, we don't know where-" He jumped out of the way quickly as a large vine came slamming down right where he was standing a moment ago. I jumped up, sending a streak of ice towards it, freezing it in place. It broke the ice with ease and suddenly there was a large booming noise. Motera froze in place while the rest of us were able to move and regroup. I looked over to see Emma standing there holding her hands in front of her, sweat starting to form on her forehead and breathing heavily.

"Hurry…can't…can't hold her…forever…" I nodded and quickly encased Motera in thick ice from her feet to her torso, Sandy hitting her with a sleeping sand ball of some sort. North released two snow globes, sighing as Tooth and Bunny flitted through them. I rushed over to Emma.

"Almost, just a little longer." She nodded and groaned. Tooth and Bunny quickly discussed something with North and Sandy nodded, signaling Emma could release her. She let out a yelp and fell to the ground as Motera became mobile again.

"WHAT IS THIS?? STUPID BRAT! WHO Are you…what have…. you…done to…me…" She slowly fell asleep as Sandy's sleeping ball took effect.

I looked down to see Emma fast asleep on the floor. I didn't realize Guardians could sleep but Sandy came over, making her a small bed of dream sand. She smiled as an hourglass hovered above her head.

"Okay, now will someone explain who she is?" I asked, looking away from her. North looked embarrassed as he and Sandy exchanged a glance.

"She is…Mother Nature. She controls weather, changes in seasons, plant life, flora, that kind of thing…Pitch once had a wife long ago before he was Pitch…after they left him to do their own thing, he changed into the Pitch we know him as today…" We all looked at Motera who had an image of Pitch in dream sand floating above her head.

"So can we help her find Pitch? Maybe we could be-"

"No. No way." I said, quickly interrupting Tooth.

"I'm sorry, Tooth. It is a nice thought but we can't bring back our worst enemy just because we have a new one. She must know to look for her father on her own." She nodded sadly as North put a hand on her shoulder.

"So…what do we do now?" I asked.

"When she wakes up she's gonna attack again." Bunny said, tapping her slightly, jumping back as she moved slightly. North grabbed another snow globe, muttering something into it and gestured to a few yetis. He threw the snow globe on the ground and the yetis gently pushed her through the portal. We all sighed as she disappeared.

"We should find some place to hide that isn't our holiday hideouts." I said quietly. Bunny snapped his head towards me.

"Nah, no way mate. I need to protect Easter. It's a month away. Shell destroy it if we're not there to protect it! Now that we know her powers we can stop her, right?" The others looked around apprehensively.

"Bunny…it's a long shot… she's got power above Jacks. She can literally change whether or not his powers work…I mean-"

"Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves. She has power over the seasons but not over my powers specifically. She can't control whether or not my powers work." I said quickly. North looked at me and nodded.

"Jack is right. As well as Bunny. We should protect Easter. To the warren!" I looked at Emma, who was still passed out.

"Should we…wait for her to wake up?" I said, pointing to her. North looked embarrassed, like he'd forgotten she was there.

"Yes, yes of course."