Guardians

Emma's POV:

I woke up slowly, not ready to open my eyes yet as I listened to Jack who was simply running his fingers through my hair, humming quietly to himself. I smiled softly to myself, listening. He really was a great singer from what I could hear so far. He stopped humming suddenly.

"Good evening, beautiful. How are you feeling?" I sighed and opened my eyes, meeting his.

"Much better, thank you. What were you just singing?" He shrugged.

"A song I heard in passing at some point in history. It never became popular really, but it stuck in my mind." I nodded and loosened myself from his hold, him moving over as I began to stretch.

"I have to do more winterly duties today and I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me." Jack said, suddenly leaping out of bed, reaching for my hand. I rubbed my eyes, ignoring his hand as I stood up.

"You're gonna have to give me a minute, my love I just woke up." He laughed and nodded, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me close to him as his lips met mine. I heard the unmistakable sound of his staff simply hitting the floor as he brought his other hand up to cup my cheek, deepening the kiss.

I felt my face begin to flush as we slowly walked backwards, until my back was met with a wall. I pulled away gasping.

"What...what was that about?" I asked, breathing heavily. I wasn't necessarily upset. On the contrary, I was actually more upset that breathing was necessary. He smiled mischievously and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before shrugging and walking away.

"Just trying to wake you up. Looks like it worked." He flicked his staff up to his hand using his foot and smirked at me. I frowned, a little upset because that was the only purpose but tried to shrug it off. I walked towards the door as he caught my wrist, causing me to turn and face him. He was frowning, looking at me with an...almost guilty expression? He took a few steps towards me, kissing me gently.

"I'm sorry, Snowflake. I shouldn't have done that, that was...wrong." He said quietly. I brought my hand up to rest it on his cheek, smiling softly.

"It's alright. Just...please don't do it again." He linked my pinky with his and brought my hand up to his face, giving the back of my hand a kiss.

"I promise." I laughed quietly and pulled away from him as he smiled.

"Race you to the Globe room?" He nodded and we both got ready.

"Ready?" He said.

"Set go!" I shouted quickly. He shouted in protest, following close behind as I took off. I felt him above me as he shot ahead.

"Gotta do better than that, Snowflake!" He shouted. I laughed, letting him have his win as we both landed, walking through the threshold of the Globe room. It was bustling and much busier than usual, North shouting orders left and right before noticing the two of us.

"Ah! Jack and Emma! Jack, Bunny says you saw Aphrodite again. What did she say?" Jack suddenly scratched the back of his neck as I stared at him in confusion. He looked at me, taking my hand.

"It was honestly supposed to be a private conversation, so it's entirely up to you..." He trailed off awkwardly. I nodded, equally as curious as everyone else. He took a deep breath before looking around. He let go of my hand, though staying close as he began to pace, all of his nervous habits coming out. Maybe I made the wrong choice if it makes him this uncomfortable...

"She mentioned...uh...soul bonds...and how Emma and I will start to feel each other's feelings. She also called me slow." He said, frowning at the end. Bunny chuckled and I stepped in front of Jack, effectively stopping him from pacing.