Art

Emma's POV:

Jack slowly stood up and I looked at him in confusion.

"I've gotta go find North, and grab my staff which I left by the ballroom, and go unfreeze 'it'. Lock the door behind me, I'll be back soon." I sighed and nodded, standing up and walking with him to the door. He grabbed my waist, pushing me into the wall as he kissed me deeply, leaving me breathless.

"I love you Frosty." I whispered to him with a grin as I opened the door.

"I love you too Snowflake." He smiled as he flew away. I shut the door, locking it and went to sit on the bed before deciding against it. I remembered the notebook he had under his bed and grabbed it. It was still open to the page of us dancing and I smiled a little, running my hand over it gently. I flipped back through the book a little, landing on a page of him and the moon. He was standing on a house, facing away, his hood up, head hanging down. I felt a small twinge of sadness for him because I knew this was due to him being lonely for so many years.

I turned the page again, seeing a snowflake drawn in great detail, with amazing intricate mini snowflakes making up the inner workings of the lines that branched off. As I turned one more page I stopped, this one was dated 3 weeks after we had met, the day I passed out after Motera attacked us at the Warren. I was sleeping in his bed, my features were detailed, my face completely at peace. If I didn't know I was sleeping I would've thought I was dead. Every strand of hair seemed to have a specific place. There were slight markings of erasing (wasn't aware you could erase pen), as if he was determined to make it perfect.

I didn't realize how long I had been staring and admiring the picture until there was a knock at the door, causing me to jump and drop the notebook.

"Snowflake it's me." Jack's muffled voice came from the other side. I quickly slid the notebook underneath the bed before running over and opening the door, a smile on my face as he stood there with his usual smirk.

"How did it go? Are you okay?" Jack stepped through the threshold, shrugging nonchalantly.

"He's not allowed back at the Pole and if he shows his face again, North said he'd handle it." I nodded and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my face in his hoodie. I knew he cared for me before but I didn't realize just how much he had paid attention. He was so soft and gentle, even if he covered it up with pranks and jokes. I felt an overwhelming need to protect this secretly fragile boy who I had fallen head over heels for. He laughed as he returned the hug, setting his staff by the door.

"What's this for? Did you miss me that much?" I looked up at him, staring deep into his eyes.

"I love you so much." I whispered. He kissed the top of my nose and I giggled as he smiled.

"I will always be here for you no matter what. Don't ever forget that, okay?" I nodded and we stood there for a moment, just holding each other.

Suddenly I let out a yawn, Jack looking over my shoulder to see dawn breaking over the mountains.

"C'mon Snowflake, bedtime." I grunted in protest and just held him tighter. He laughed quietly, kicking the door shut and locking it before picking me up and carrying me over to the bed, laying us both down. I yawned again and snuggled closer to him.

"I wish I didn't have to sleep." I mumbled into his chest. He kissed the top of my head and began rubbing my back lightly.

"I'll always be here when you wake up." He said simply. He began humming as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Jack's POV:

I felt her relax, her breathing turn into light snores as she fell asleep, before slowly untangling myself. I sat up, looking over at her before walking over to my bookshelf and browsing for a moment. Nothing really caught my attention as I sighed. Maybe I could have North bring me a canvas and some brushes next time he walked by or something.