Arawn

Emma's POV:

North was running around, bellowing out final orders to everyone as the yetis were preparing the ballroom with Christmas decorations and setting up the chandeliers to have red, green and white lighting. It was incredible. He began rattling off the guest list to the us.

"Okay, Asher, Halloween spirit. Laya, the spirit of laughter. Katie, spirit of peace. Arawn, spirit of adventure. Aphrodite and cupid, spirit and goddess of love. Jacob, spirit of friendship. Zakai, spirit of innocence." I interrupted, placing my hand on his back.

"North, the party will work out. It's going to be wonderful. Let yourself relax. The guest list sounds perfect so far, and everything will go off without a hitch." I said gently. He took a breath and nodded, not looking up from his clipboard as he walked away, continuing to mutter to himself as he continued writing. Jack was tense beside me.

"Is everything okay?" He turned towards me, worry written all over his face.

"There's something I have to tell you." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into an abandoned workshop, shutting the door behind us as he immediately began pacing.

"Jack, you're worrying me. What's going on?"

"When you had your..um...dream...I made a deal with Aphrodite. She would stop interfering with our relationship if she was able to...do one more thing." He said slowly. I caught on pretty quick.

"So...I had the dream...and the feelings...because of her?" I said quietly. He nodded, looking away shamefully. I thought for a long moment, feeling his shame and guilt burning in my chest. My own emotions flashed through me. I felt angry at both Jack and Aphrodite. Why did she do that and why wouldn't he tell me right away? But then I thought about how careful he was, how slow he had gone, how many times he had given me the option to change my mind. I couldn't bring myself to be mad. It was perfect.

I walked over to him and brought my hand up to his cheek.

"I do wish you had told me right away, but I was hurting and you were helping me. And that doesn't change how I feel about that night. It was still perfect." I said, kissing him gently. The guilt he was feeling hadn't gone away and I sighed.

"I just...I should have told you...I was thinking maybe we should have tried waiting it-" I shook my head, interrupting him.

"It wasn't going away. I know that much. Thank you for telling me and thank you for helping me." I kissed him again and sighed in relief as he finally relaxed, bringing his hand to my hip and pulling me closer.

"Let's go help finish the preparations. The party's tomorrow night!" I said excitedly. He laughed and nodded, opening the door for me and I walked towards the ballroom, flying up to make sure the light fixtures were sturdy as Jack made sure the music was functional. The yetis were finishing the toys that needed to be done ahead of schedule since the party was going to halt their entire operation.

Jack and I had a discussion a few days ago about what we should wear to the party and we simply decided we would wear what we did on our date. It was better than going out and stealing another outfit (which was his original idea). As everyone finished their preparations, there was a feeling of excitement in the air. The party was tomorrow night and I couldn't wait.

~The Next Night~

I awoke to Jack gently kissing my face and neck. I giggled and sighed as he stopped, looking into my eyes.

"It's time to get ready, Snowflake." He said quietly, making his way off of the bed. I stretched and yawned as I rolled over onto my stomach, watching him change into his suit, admiring his body while he looked at himself in the reflection of the ice. He caught me staring and smirked.