Options

Emma's POV:

Jack was silent for a long time, gripping my hand tightly as he stared at me seemingly being unable to comprehend what I had just said. Finally, he spoke.

"I...don't know what to say...I need a minute." He said before turning and walking away. I let my head drop and a few tears fall, not caring that the others had been watching us intently. Finally, Tooth came over and put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"We'll think of another way. This can't be our only option. And that's only IF she's found Pitch, remember? We still don't know if she has or not." I nodded, solemnly still not entirely convinced. I waited a few moments before getting up to find Jack. He must've gone back to his room, needing some quiet time to think. I knocked on his door, hearing a muffled 'come in' from the other side. I slowly opened the door to see Jack quickly wiping his face. I noticed his eyes were red and a little swollen. He had been crying.

I shut the door behind me, leaning against it and looking away from him.

"Tooth brought up a good point...she said that it's only if she found Pitch, which we still don't know for sure...and she also said that we could try and find another way..." I heard him take a few steps towards me. Looking over, I didn't realize how close he had gotten and my breath caught in my throat. He stood less than a few inches away.

"I can't lose you Emma." He said quietly before leaning down. He hesitated for a moment and I barely nodded before our lips connected. It felt...right. Like we'd been waiting for this moment since we first met. I wrapped my arms around his neck, his arms snaked around my waist as he pulled me closer. We continued to kiss until I pulled away needing air. As we breathed each other in, I opened my eyes to see him already staring at me, like he was memorizing my features.

"I can't lose you..." He whispered again.

"I can't lose you either. We'll find a way." I said confidently. Our lips met once more for what felt like an eternity before someone knocked on the door.

"Oi, we think we may have thought of a way. Can you two lovebirds be productive members of the group now?" Bunny's voice came from the other side. Jack laughed quietly as we separated. As he went back towards the bed to grab his staff, which was leaning against the wall, I opened the door. Bunny gave me a funny look.

"What happened to you?" I laughed and simply started walking down the hall, Jack following behind me, slipping his hand into mine.

"Crikey it's about time." Bunny mumbled behind us. As we entered the Globe room, North looked mildly annoyed until he saw our connected hands and then he smiled at us.

"Emma, we would like you to look into the future." Jack and I stopped before I slapped myself on the forehead. Why hadn't we thought of that sooner? Jack laughed at my reaction and simply brought me over to a table before turning to Bunny.

"I heard your comment, Cottontail." He said, playfully irritated before freezing a 4 foot circle around Bunny's feet. He yelped and quickly hopped off before glaring at him.

"Knock it off you two, I have to focus." I said. They both looked at me and shut up as I let go of Jacks hand. He grumbled under his breath before I patted him on the head.

"It's the best way to get the most accurate possible future." He nodded, still looking unhappy as I looked away from him. I looked around for something to focus on that wasn't guardian, elf, or yeti, settling on the fire burning low in the fireplace across the room. As I watched the low orange flames, I felt the room around me fade away.

Both Motera and Pitch stood in front of us, laughing together as they readied their attacks. I looked at Jack, tears beginning to stream down my face.

"It's the only way." I whispered. He shook his head fiercely.

"NO! Please Emma think of the future, OUR future! I can't lose you when our life has just begun. Please don't do this!" I closed my eyes, imagining the future, a loving warmth enveloping me as Pitch and Motera's attack began. I opened my eyes and noticed a bright glow came from the moon. Suddenly, a large blast and Motera and Pitch were gone. Jack ran over to me, grabbing my face.

"Emma? Emma please, please remember." I nodded, confused but thankful.

"I...I remember...I just...don't know how." I looked up at the moon for an explanation.

Love is more powerful than anger...

Jack's hands were gripping mine tightly and I noticed tears were streaming down my face. I quickly wiped them away and nodded, signaling that I was alright. I quickly explained the vision and Jack hollered, accidentally releasing a mini flurry in the Globe room.

"Please, Jack the snow." He took a few deep breaths trying to calm himself but he eventually had to take it outside. I laughed as the snow began to dissipate.

"You could not see where this took place?" North asked. I shook my head, noting that seemed to be a common occurrence with my visions. I wondered if I could speak to Manny about that later. Jack came back in just then and I noticed the sun beginning to rise. As if on cue, I yawned.

"Alright I think it's time for the oracle to head to bed." Jack said. I didn't realize how much time had passed already. Or maybe visions were starting to weaken me too, which would be new and strange. I looked around and shook my head.

"I'll be fine for a little longer. I should narrow down the visions. Bunny said so himself, we need to be more active in the group discussions and try to-" He spoke up.

"I was teasing. Go to bed." He said with a smile. I shook my head again before looking at the fire again. A small blast of ice put it out and Jack stood in front of me.

"Bed. Now." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and began to mumble under my breath as I walked down the halls, him laughing as he followed me. As we entered the room, he caught my wrist, spinning me around and hugging me tightly.

"Do you uh...do you think we could talk about your visions with me...when you wake up...? I love thinking of the future with you...I love that there IS a future with you...you really began to scare me before when you made me think I was going to lose you before I had the chance to tell you..." I pulled away when he didn't finish his thought. He put his hand on my cheek.

"Tell me what?"

"I love you..." He said softly, before gently pressing his lips to mine. As he pulled away, I brought my hand up his, intertwining our fingers and pulling him towards the bed. He rested his staff against the wall as we climbed in the bed together, him on top of the covers. I rolled my eyes.

"Jack, I can't feel the cold, remember?" He made an 'o' shape with his mouth before climbing underneath and I cuddled into his side.

"I would love to talk about the future with you. And I want to tell you everything that made me fall for you. I just want to talk with you..." I said quietly. He held me a little tighter and kissed me on the top of my head.

"All when you wake up Snowflake. I promise." He said softly as I slowly drifted off to sleep.