Learn From Mistakes

Shift: Saturday night - Minho, Jeongin, Jisung

Minho: Jisung, can I have your credit card slips? You can go start the dishes.

Jisung: Sure! *hands slips to Minho* Do you want me to put them in order next time?

Minho: *smiles* That's not necessary, but thank you.

Jeongin: *hands dishes to Jisung* Here are some more for you!

Jisung: Thanks Jeongin. *walks over to sink*

Jeongin: Please, call me IN or Innie. Jeongin is what my mom calls me when she's mad at me.

Jisung: Alright, Innie!

Minho: Okay, Jisung, you owe me $28.

Jisung: But I only have the $20 I got at the beginning of the shift.

Minho: Let me look... *looks through the computer at Jisung's orders* It looks like 36 was a cash order. It was at the hotel across the street? Do you remember that?

Jisung: Yeah, I remember, but the ticket said to leave it at the door so I thought it was a tipped order.

Minho: Yeah, that's a rough dilemma. Let me show you something after I print this. *Minho prints ticket 36 as Jeongin keeps cleaning the cold table and Jisung does dishes. Minho rips the ticket off and stands to Jisung's right* You see, when the total says 'balance due,' then that means it's cash, even if the customer wants to have them leave it at the door.

Jisung: *turns to his right and notices how close Minho is to him instead of looking at the ticket* Oh, okay, that makes sense. I'm so sorry. Should I go back to get the money?

Minho: *touches Jisung's shoulder* It's okay. I'll call them and see if they're there. Dishes are more important. *flashes him a smile and walks towards the phone to call the number on the ticket* Hello, you got food delivery from us earlier today and were supposed to pay us cash......Ah, okay, got it. Can I send my driver over to get the money from you?......Thanks for understanding. My driver is new and still learning. He'll be over shortly......Alright, have a good night. *hangs up phone* Alright, that guy is an idiot. He thought you would ignore the leave at door order if it was cash.

Jisung: That...makes no sense.

Minho: Exactly. I'll take over dishes while you go.

Jisung: I'm really sorry hyung. *starts walking towards the door*

Minho: It's okay, it happens. *walks over towards the dishes. Their hands brush against each other as they pass. Minho almost walks into the oven and casually scoots left, but not before Jeongin notices. Jisung leaves the store, and Jeongin waits until the door completely closes.*

Jeongin: I've never seen you be that nice to anyone, Minho hyung.

Minho: What do you mean? It was a mistake. It happens.

Jeongin: I've been here almost one year and I've never seen that. Usually you'd be complaining to me about how stupid the driver is...

Minho: You're making shit up, Innie.

Jeongin: Want me to ask Channie hyung about it? *raises eyebrows*

Minho: *dramatically raises eyebrows back* Do you want me to tell Channie hyung about all the shortcuts you take at night?

Jeongin: But you taught me!

Minho: *sighs* Point taken.

Jeongin: *laughs* I'll keep my mouth shut about how you like the new guy.

Minho: He's a good worker so far. What's wrong with that?

Jeongin: Okay, sure. *snickers and keeps working*

(A/N: I only started doing this towards the end of my delivery career. Those 'leave at door' orders can be super tricky after you've been doing them for a while. I saw one of the drivers forget cash twice in 2 weeks I think? And for some reason the manager didn't want to tell him how to fix it in case he would feel bad about it? Also, stan Twice)

-Nicole