Sometimes Your Staff Comes To Work HyPeR

Shift: Thursday night - Changbin, Jeongin, Hyunjin

*It's a busy night, so all of this talk is happening between Changbin on the register when needed and Jeongin on bread. This is the only way Innie can get good solo line practice to improve his speed for day shift. They're calling out orders to the car show enthusiasts that visit. It happens in front of the local bar on the corner, which is a pain for Hyunjin because people just stand in his way. It takes a lot of self-control to not flash your brights at them, the author knows from experience. The author doesn't want to plan all that out though. You have an imagination, use it!*

Jeongin: Hyung?

Changbin: Yes?

Jeongin: Hyung?

Changbin: What is it?

Jeongin: *grinning like an idiot* CHANGBINNIE!!!

Changbin: WHAT?

Jeongin: You are so broke because of me!

Changbin: Stop. This is the beginning of car show season, we're busy, I need you to focus.

Jeongin: I'm da best!

Changbin: Innie...

Jeongin: But it's true!

Changbin: Yes, I know you're the best, but you have to focus. *gestures towards the sandwich he's making* Look, you put lettuce on that sandwich when it said no lettuce.

Jeongin: If we're so busy, shouldn't you be on bread? *sticks tongue out*

Changbin: Do you want me to send you home and call Felix in?

Jeongin: So you two can make out after close?

Changbin: *raises voice, but is still trying to stay out of earshot of the customers* Innie, I swear to God! *Hyunjin walks back in* Jin, can you look at your tickets and get your drinks please?

Hyunjin: Okay boss. *goes off to do work things*

Jeongin: I know and see all. I am this store's Pegasus from Yu-Gi-Oh with the millennium eye! I'm that cute psychic guy on TV who knows about dead relatives of celebrities. I...

Changbin: That stuff's not even real.

Jeongin: Just because he probably looks stuff up doesn't mean it's not decent entertainment.

Changbin: Double negative...

Jeongin: Exactly! Wait... *blanks out on the sandwich he was just making* Uhh, I forgot where I am?

Changbin: *sighs and gets gloves on* Switch to register, I'll figure this out.

Jeongin: You're da best!

Changbin: I don't know how it's possible to be so cute.

Jeongin: *whispers* That's why I made so much money off you.

Changbin: *laughs* Yohhh, I didn't know hyung could be so soft.

Jeongin: You should see them together, they're so cute!

Changbin: I'll believe it when I see it.

Jeongin: I'll ask for the day off and you can cover for me. Channie hyung won't be suspicious if I say I've already found a cover. Do you want Saturday or Tuesday?

Changbin: Hmmmm. He might want to give me a day off because of last night...

Hyunjin: Channie hyung is so nice like that! *starts bagging his deliveries*

Jeongin: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Changbin: I can make the excuse of wanting to learn inventory. Enjoy your day off Tuesday.

Jeongin: I swear, they'll barely notice. They get in their own little world and it's adorable af.

Changbin: You text hyung though and let him know.

Jeongin: Deal! *starts dancing and Hyunjin joins in*

Changbin: Yohhhhhh Jinnie, you have deliveries, get out of here.

Hyunjin: 'Can you please do your job?' would have been fine...*sulks and leaves*

Changbin: Ah, I shouldn't have said that.

Jeongin: He'll forgive you. It's okay.

Changbin: Car show night is stressful sometimes.

Customer: Hey, if people give you shit for not doing well, fuck them! You do a great job!

Changbin: *gets embarrassed and smiles proudly* Thanks, I appreciate that. I try to take care of you all the best I can.

Customer: No problem. The little one is super friendly too!

Jeongin: Thanks!

Customer: Have a good night!

Changbin: You too, see you next week!

(A/N: Car show night was mostly good, but one night I was told my in-shop called off and I couldn't get help and then I did $400+ sales by myself in about 1.5 hours and had to call in help anyway. It was a $1k sales night, we closed at 8, and I gave up at 10:30.

Also, stream Oddinary b/c it's full of bangers. My favorites are Maniac and Freeze, Charmer is a close 3rd, but they're all really good.)

-Nicole