New Manager Woes

Shift: Wednesday night - Seungmin, Jeongin, Hyunjin

Jeongin: Hey Minnie hyung, we're almost out of lettuce. I thought I'd let you know.

Seungmin: Thanks for letting me know. Are you okay if I leave you in charge while I prepare it?

Jeongin: All good, my dude. *smiles*

Seungmin: BABY BREAD IS IN CHARGE! *goes back to cooler to grab two lettuce heads as Hyunjin comes back from a delivery*

Jeongin: Hey Jinnie, I'm temporarily in charge!

Hyunjin: *ridiculously loud and dramatic, ala the 'Americano Joa Joa Joa' incident* OH MY GOD, INNIE IS IN CHARGE OH NOOOOOOOOOO

Seungmin: Ow, that hurts. *smashes lettuce core on to the sink and pulls it out*

Hyunjin: That hurts more.

Seungmin: Bitch, please...

Jeongin: LANGUAGE MWAHAHA!!! *starts evil laughing and running around in a circle as Seungmin rinses off the lettuce and moves it over to the slicer*

Seungmin: Let's see... *goes by the storage rack to find the lettuce chute as customer walks in* Can someone get register please?

Hyunjin: I will! *walks to register while Jeongin put gloves on to start making sandwiches*

Customer: Can I get 3 tuna sandwiches with extra lettuce? *Jeongin starts making them as Seungmin sets up the lettuce chute on the slicer*

Hyunjin: Sure! Anything else? *Seungmin puts the lettuce in the lettuce chute*

Customer: Nope!

Hyunjin: That will be $23.43

Jeongin: We're going to need more lettuce now hyung *Hyunjin takes the money as Innie makes the first sandwich. Seungmin turns on the slicer and moves the lettuce chute over the blade. As he does, the lettuce chute jumps off the slicer, bounces off the corner of the wall and flies straight at Seungmin's face*

Seungmin: AHHHHH HELP ME HELP ME AHHHHHHHHHH *Jeongin runs over and pulls the plug out of the wall for the slicer*

Jeongin: Hyung, are you okay? *Seungmin notices the slicer blade wasn't on the slicer*

Customer: You know, I don't have to have lettuce on those sandwiches...

Seungmin: No, it's fine, just give me a minute to fix this. *grabs the slicer blade and puts it on, removes the lettuce chute and just cuts the lettuce by itself...enough lettuce comes out for two sandwiches* Take that for now, I'll get the rest shortly.

Jeongin: *still kinda freaked out* Okay boss! *scoops the lettuce up as Hyunjin snickers*

Seungmin: *looks wide eyed at Hyunjin* Wait, you're still here?

Hyunjin: Yeah...

Seungmin: Why? *still freaked out by being almost beheaded by a lettuce chute*

Hyunjin: Because I'm your closing driver...

Seungmin: *disappointed face* Oh.

(A/N: Man, they didn't teach me anything about how to prep veggies before I started managing solo. They barely taught me when I eventually became second assistant. I don't know how close that lettuce chute got to my head, but it's the thought of being beheaded that matters. That lady really did make a comment though hahaha my dumb ass.)

-Nicole