001.

the start of something new

my name is Kadeja but you can call me 'deja'. im 14 years old in year 10, i go to a ghetto school in east london .
i live with my mum and my brother Kyrone whos in year 11.

———————————————————
My eyes opened and all I could hear was his stupid drill music .

"KYRONE TURN YOUR BLOODCLART MUSIC DOWN!" i shouted

"Bro who the FUCK are you talking to?" He rose his voice when it got to fuck.

"Nah shutup." I said "big man ting I'll step on your forhead ." He said

"Prick" I whispered. He deffo heard that .

I heard him running up the stairs . My stomach began to get tighter scared of what he would do . He opened and door and said "r u stupid." I quickly responded saying no so he would get out which he did .

//

in my school im in a friendship group of 6 girls

Abigail , kayleise (pronounced kaye- lese) , Tasha and jaydene and lacey . our school hates us and i blame Abigail and Jaydene .
they r the most ghetto girls in our class.

abigail is darkskin from ghana . shes loud and very very honest. But one of the most loving people you'll meet.
Shes not scared to say her opinion.

kayleise is brown-skin  jamacian , shes actually quite quiet , she doesnt chat to much mandem and keeps herself to herself but when she needs to argue she can and she's very forgiving.

tasha is brownskin jamacian , she is loud and loves of man . icl shes extreamly pretty and gets alot of man.also my cousin. She can cuss but when you need her she's always there .

lacey is white irish , shes rudee and cusses out all the mandem but she also gets cussed alot . shes not loud but very prestige to people she dont know . She doesn't have the best reputation but we love her .

Jaydene is mixed race , congolese and british . shes talks very loud and probably has the most attitude. she cusses everyone but shes my bestfriend and we are like sisters .

our year hates our group .
—————————————————————
MONDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2022

it was the first day of school and i look much diffrent than i did before. my boobs where no longer C cups but now freaking D.my bum was thicker and hips thiner, i went through a awkward body phase.
i learnt how to do hair everything was better this year . expecially the boys.

//

7;05am

its time for school and i woke up on time. i went downstairs with my towel in my hand ,where kyrone was , on the phone to some ting obviously .

''baby come meet me'' i heared the girl whine.
''say no more'' he says in the most nonchalant tone .
why not piss him of today i thought to myself .

''KYRONE IS THAT MYLIE???'' i scream loud enough so the beanie could hear .
''WHO DA FUC IS MYLIE , DONT PISS ME OF''
the girl screamed back .
''ai sorry teagan theres no mylie shes chatting wass big man ting''

''my names not fucking teagan its layla you prick , and i know theres a fucking  mylie , tell her when i catch her its on si-'' my brother cuts her ''why would i lie?''
even when he said it it never sounded the slightest bit believable but you know thats kyrone.

//

i ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and got my self ready by 7;33am.
i slicked my hair to a two buns with swoop edeges and lashes .

''ai big head the mandem are coming dont move like a baddas''

(in east london , baddas means hoe x )

''shutup you dickhead'' i reply back . he turns around then throws bare shoes at me chasing me around the house.
''KADEJA MAE REID AND KYRONE DESMOND REID DONT MAKE ME  COME AND SLAP YOU'' my mother screamed at us.

my brother went to the living room and i went to mums room .
''morning mummy'' i say to her with a guilty smile .''morning deja poo'' she says back to me with the most reasuring smile .

(we are not gonna talk about my nickname sigh) .

the doorbell went and i saw like 3 boys by the door .
one of the boys was a boy i had a crush on since year 8 . his name is Dymarco Clarke , he was in year11 along with my brother .  him and my brother were very very close , not like brothers but like family.

he never really noticed me like the rest of my brothers friends . he was brownskin with long hair , it was quite clear he was jamacian .

his voice was deep and dominant , when he spoke everyone listened. He was a very bait gang member. His name was 'temper'