CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: Let's Go Swimming

When I woke up, I was alone in bed.

"Mike?" I asked into the darkness.

"I'm right here," he answered from somewhere to the left. He walked into view and he climbed back into bed.

"Where did you go?" I asked lazily.

"Nowhere," he answered. I could feel his hot breath on my cheek.

"What time is it?" I asked, trying to peer over him to the digital clock that was on the bedside table.

"It's almost 11:00 PM," he answered.

"I slept all day?" I asked, astonished.

"I guess you were a tired girl," he chuckled.

"I'm still tired," I answered, snuggling up to him underneath the covers. I felt bad because just hours earlier I had been cuddling with Peter in the bathroom. He snaked his arms around me and I pressed harder against. His soft flannel pajamas brushed my legs and I shivered. He held me tighter until I fell asleep, once again in someone's arms. I woke up the next morning at 9:00 and got up. I decided I would get dressed and go out for a bit before the boys woke up. I went to the closet and picked out a knee-length crimson dress with black flats with buckles on them. I inspected myself in the mirror and decided to put on a bit of makeup. I grabbed my makeup bag and slicked on some mascara and eyeliner.

Much better, I thought.

I grabbed my purse and my wallet and headed out the door. I walked a little ways and came upon a small, quaint town called Clarkesville. It was full of thrift shops and antique stores. I decided to head inside one of the thrift stores and browse. I found something that Mike would love. It was a little box with the shape of Texas on it. I knew he missed his home state from time to time. I figured I should find something for the rest of them so I picked out a Mighty Mouse toy for Peter, a comb for Davy (that boy and his hair), a small drum for Micky, and a small, pink stuffed monkey for Valleri. I paid for my small amount of items and decided to go back to the hotel.

When I arrived back, all the boys were awake and Valleri was jumping on the bed.

"Oh Valleri!" I laughed, grabbing her and tickling her stomach.

"Ahhh! Stop it mommy! Stop!" she giggled. I let her go and decided to give the boys their presents.

"I got you guys some gifts," I said, holding up the bag I'd been holding.

"Ooooo. What'd you you get me?" Micky asked eagerly. I pulled his drum out of the bag and presented it to him like I was royal or something.

"I love it!" he exclaimed, hugging me. Then I pulled out the Mighty Mouse toy and handed it to Peter.

"Thanks," he mumbled, kissing my cheek. Next, I pulled out the comb for Davy.

"I was just needing a new comb! Thanks love!" he said, hugging me. I took out the pink monkey.

"Hmm. I wonder who this could be for," I smiled, handing it to Valleri. She hugged my legs and squealed with delight.

"Saved the best for last," I said, taking the Texas box out of the bag. Mike pulled me into him and whispered in my ear.

"Thanks baby," then kissed me. I giggled and he held me close to his side.

"I say we have a picnic," Davy suggested.

"Great idea!" Micky exclaimed. "I'll make the sandwiches."

"On one condition," I said.

"What would that be? " he asked, raising an eyebrow

"Nothing with cream of root beer," I laughed. He smirked.

"Deal," he said, leaving to go to a store to buy some sandwich foods.

"What shall we do to pass the time?" Peter asked.

"How about a little swimming?" Mike asked.

"YEA!" Valleri squealed.

"Alright. Swimming it is," I said, unhooking myself from Mike to go get my swim suit. I went to the bathroom and threw it on. I walked out and Mike whistled.

"Who is this gorgeous girl?" he asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.
How can I love him and Peter so much at the same time? I thought to myself.

After we posted a note for Micky, we headed for the pool.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in fooooorrrrreeeeevvvveeeeerrr. Ice just been overloaded with projects lately. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thanks so much for reading! :1 TheMonkeesForLife