CHAPTER SIX: The Hotel

Jenny's POV

"WHAT?!?!" I screamed, jumping up to hug Mike. "That's amazing!"

"Yea! Good job Mike!" Micky, Peter, and Davy said all at once.

"We start tomorrow so everyone go get packed up. We have to be there in an hour and a half," Mike said, walking toward the stairs. Micky, Davy, and Peter flew up the stairs to pack their things. I walked slowly up the stairs. I packed a TON of clothes, my short, red, slightly transparent nightdress a lot of shoes. I ran into the bathroom to get my makeup bag and walked in on a shirtless Mike. I stared in astonishment.

"Well hey there beautiful!" he said, looking at me, "What'cha need?" I pointed at my makeup bag, my mouth still hanging open. He picked up the bag, walked it over to me, handed me the bag, and pushed my mouth closed.

"When did you..." I let my sentence hang in the air. I was still staring at his abs.

"Oh, these? Alannah made me go to the gym and I thought it was stupid at the time but I guess it paid off," he said, grinning at me.

"Y-Yea it did," I said. Without thinking, I reached out and ran my fingers over them. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't me-"

"It's ok. I was hoping you would do that," he said, picking up my hand, which was tiny compared to his, and kissed it, "Good day, malady!" I blushed a little as I left the bathroom. By that time, it was almost time to leave.

"Alright, everyone in the car!" Mike called from the bottom of the steps. I tried to lug my suitcase downstairs but it was too heavy. Peter came to my aid and carried it down for me.

"Thanks, Peter," I said, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. We all piled in the car and set off.

When we arrived at the hotel, we got a room key and went to settle in.

"I call sleeping with Jenny!" Micky yelled.

"No you dont!" I called from the bathroom.

"Wait. There's only two beds and there are 5 of us. How is that going to work?" Peter asked

"Well, there's a pullout bed in the couch. The only problem is who's sleeping with who," Mike said.

"Well, Peter and I are sleeping in that bed," I said, pointing to the bed near the window.

"Ok, I'm sleeping in the other bed. ALONE," Mike said, flopping down on the mattress.

"Well, I guess Micky and I are sleeping on the pullout bed," Davy said.

"It won't be so bad fellas," Mike said, choking back laughter.

"Yea, sure Mike. YOU don't have to sleep with anyone," Micky said, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"Still, it won't be exactly as bad as you're making it," Mike answered.

"Is anyone else hungry?" Peter asked.

"We are!" Micky and Davy said.

"Does this gig include food?" Peter asked.

"Yea," Mike said and before he could even finish Micky, Davy, and Peter scrambled out the door to find the food, leaving Mike and I standing awkwardly in the room.

"So..." I said.

"So..." Mike repeated. "How are you?" he asked, trying to make casual conversation.

"Fine," I said, not sure what else to say.

"Nice weather we're having," Mike said, using the most cliché line ever.

"Ok, why does this have to be awkward?" I said, finally looking into his eyes.

"Well, it doesn't if you don't want it to be," Mike said.

"I don't want it to be," I said, looking at him. He started walking toward me. He wrapped me in a warm hug and I started to cry.

"Aw, darlin, why are ya cryin?" Mike asked after hearing my sobs.

"I don't know. I just don't deserve you being nice to me," I said, still crying.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Because I made you feel and now you're still nice to me. Why?" I said. He tilted his head in thought.

"Well, because I love you. You're nice to people you love, right?" Mike said.

"I wasn't...." I said, hanging my head.

"Well, you did say your love for me was sleeping," Mike said.

"STOP!" I yelled.

"Stop what?" Mike asked, a bit confused.

"Stop being so nice to me! I don't deserve it!" I said.

"Yes you do!" he said, wrapping me in another hug. "Stop being so hard on yourself." I enjoyed the hug this time. It felt nice being wrapped in his arms again. When I finally pulled away, I realized Mike was crying.

"Oh, what's wrong?" I asked, wiping tears from his cheeks.

"I just miss this so much," he said, spilling tears now.

"Oh, baby don't cry!" I said. It was my turn to wrap him in a hug. "I miss it too. I really do."

"W-We can't...." Mike said.

"I know," I said, then Peter, Micky, and Davy came back to the room with platefuls of food.

"What happened to Mike?" Micky asked when he saw Mike and I hugging.

"Well, I started out as the one crying and he hugged me to make me feel better then he ended up crying because we used to do....this a lot," I explained.

"Oh, Mike. It's alright," Micky said, giving Mike a sympathetic pat on the back.

"I'm ok," Mike said, standing up a little straighter. "We need to get ready for bed ," he said, wiping at the last tears on his face. I'd been so wrapped up in what was happening that I hadn't noticed it had gotten dark outside.

I went into the bathroom to put on my nightdress. When I came out, I got whistles from all the guys.

"Who's this sexy girl?" Davy said. I was surprise he was first to speak.

"SEXY!" Micky screamed, moving his eyebrows up and down.

"Wow, I can't believe that's MY girlfriend!" Peter said, winking at me. Mike mumbled something under his breath that sounded like "I wish she was mine again." I ignored it and climbed in bed with Peter.

When I woke up the next morning, I was surprised to see what had happened overnight.

**AN** I know I haven't updated lately. I've had some extreme writers block. I'll try and update more frequently. I know you guys that actually read it, enjoy it so I'll try to keep it snappy. Thanks! :) TheMonkeesForLife