CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: It's Gonna Be Alright

Jenny's POV

Peter asked to have a moment alone so everyone filed out to the car.

"Mick?" I asked.

"Yes, bird?" he asked. I was bit puzzled on why he called me bird but either way.

"You think Mike'll be the same?" I asked, trying my hardest not to cry in front of Valleri.

"Yea! He's just that kind of guy," Micky said, giving me a warm smile.

"But we were going to adopt Valleri!" I wailed, unable to control myself any longer. I burst into tears and Micky put his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

"You ever heard the song Revolution by the Beatles?" he asked. I nodded.

"What's that got to do with anything?" I asked.

"Don't you know it's gonna be alright? You know it's gonna be alright, alright," he sang. A spot of salty water was forming on his shirt. He didn't seem to care so I didn't either. I continued to cry into his shirt until we got to the hotel.

"We can't perform without Mike," Peter said sadly.

"I know. But we can't just go home. We need the money. Especially now that we have a hospital bill to pay," Davy reasoned.

"This is awful. This is all my fault," I said, crying softly.

"It's not your fault mommy. It's not," Valleri said.

She called me mommy, I thought and a smile spread across my face.

"There's the beautiful girl we know," Peter said and grinned.

"Peter..." I said, all of a sudden longing for him to wrap his arms around me and never leave.

"Oh, baby," he said with a look of sympathy. As if he read my mind, he came over to me and wrapped me in a hug as warm as the fuzziest blanket.

Maybe I was wrong about Peter, I thought, snuggling closer to him.

"Peter, I treated you so unfairly," I said into his chest.

"No no. It was me that treated you unfairly. I called you a...." Peter couldn't bring himself to say that word again.

"Let's just call it a truce," I said, not wanting to argue. I just wanted to stay in the pocket of perfection forever. I must have dozed off because the next thing I remember is that Peter was shaking me awake.

"Jenny, wake up. Wake up, beautiful," he said. I opened my eyes and looked up at Peter.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he said smiling. "You have to get ready to go."

"Where?" I asked.

"The hospital. Something has happened," he said, the grin disappearing from his face.

"Oh," I said, scrambling out of bed and getting dressed as quickly as possible. "Okay! I'm ready. Let's go," I said, going to the door. Everyone followed quickly and I opened the door. Valleri stood next to me.

"Mommy, can I hold your hand?" she asked.

"Sure sweetie," I said, giving her my hand.

"Is daddy going to be okay?" she asked.

"Yes, sweet pea. He'll be okay but it might be awhile," I said. We got to the car and Valleri and I sat in the back. She didn't say anything the whole car ride. When we arrived at the hospital, Peter opened the door and ran towards the hospital.

Peter's POV

I sprinted towards the hospital doors. I flew inside and found Mike's doctor right away.

"What's wrong doc?" I asked anxiously.

"Mike's condition has worsened. The blood we're giving him can't keep up with how fast he's losing it. It'll still be about one to three weeks though. We're going to have to do stitches on his head," the doctor said just as Jenny came up. I looked at her. Her mouth hung open and her legs were shaking. She fell to her knees, her face in her lap, crying uncontrollably. I knelt down and patted her back.

"It's gonna be alright, baby. It's gonna be fine and he'll be better in no time," I said, wrapping her in a hug. She clung to me and I never wanted to let go.