Run Boy Run

All the children are standing behind the table, Reginald walks in.

"Sit." He speaks

All the children sit, all doing their own thing.

Y/N had just stabbed her fork into her food when suddenly a knife stabbed into the table shaking all of their plates, everyone looked to where it came from.

"Number Five?" Reginald questioned looking to the young boy.

"I have a question."

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

"I want to time travel."

Y/N sighed and continued eating. 'Again with the fucking time travel.'

"No."

"But i'm ready, I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five spoke getting up out of his chair and spatial jumping next to Reginald. "See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it."

"Hence the reason you're not ready."

Vanya shook her head at Five signalling him to just give up and sit back down.

"I'm not afraid." He spoke looking at Vanya.

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore."

All of the sudden, Five ran out the door.

"Off he goes." Eight spoke in a monotoned voice still eating her food.

"Number Five! You haven't been excused! Come back here!"

-☂︎-

Five's POV:

'I'll prove them wrong' I thought to myself, spatial jumping.

The scenery changed.

Again.

Again.

Agai-

'Everything's destroyed.'

I ran as fast as I could back to the academy trying to avoid the rubble.

It was gone.

"Vanya! Ben! Y/n! Dad! Anyone!" I yelled.

"Come on, shit!" My powers don't work.

I fall to my knees in front of what used to be, The Umbrella Academy until I heard a faint yell of my name and I turned to see Y/n under a slab of concrete. I pry the concrete off of her but it was too late. I lay her on my lap and cry. I'm alone

-☂︎-

Present day

Eight's POV:

"I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find. You know that rumour that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit." Five explained to us.

"I can't even imagine." Vanya said trying to sound empathetic I also felt bad for him,  I don't think I had ever felt anything but hatred towards Five but just this once. I felt bad.