I Heard A Rumour

"Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?" Five spoke drinking his 'foul' coffee.

"It's not that bad, you're just weird." I spoke rolling my eyes earning a scoff from him.

"Can we get started please?" Luther spoke obviously sick of our bickering.

"Anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison? No? All right, then, this is the closest thing to a quorum that we're gonna get. Now, listening up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out." Klaus spoke slamming a spatula on the table waking Luther up. " I conjured Dad last night."

"I thought you said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years." Luther questioned.

"Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da! I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this conversation with dear old Daddy himself."

"I'm proud of you Klaus!" I spoke getting up and high-fiving him. "Thank you." He smiled.

"Has anyone got some aspirin?"

"Top shelf, next to the crackers."

"hey, hey, hey. This is serious, guys, all right? This really happened, I swear." Klaus spoke desperate for them to listen to him.

"Okay, fine. I'll play. What did the old man have to say?"

"Well, he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like Dad, right? But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof. Because.. Wait for it." Klaus spoke as I stood next to him with my arms crossed. "He killed himself."

Luther decided he was finished with this conversation and got up to leave "I don't have time for your games, Klaus." He muttered.

"I'm telling you the truth, Luther. I'm telling you the truth!"

"Why'd he do it, then?" Five butted in.

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again."

"No. Dad wouldn't just kill himself."

"How would you know, monkey man?" I spoke sitting back down.

"Ah, you said it yourself. He was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night." Five continued.

"No. There weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviours."

"Like sending someone to the Moon for no reason?" Klaus replied thinking bringing down a hard topic would suffice.

"I swear to God, Klaus, if you're lying."

"I'm not. I'm not."

"Master Klaus is correct. Regretfully, I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan." Pogo spoke from behind me making me jump. "Jesus christ." I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know." Pogo continued walking closer to the table mumbling a sorry to me. "Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard." Five mumbled.

"So the security tape we saw?"

"It was meant to further the murder mystery..." Pogo spoke looking down in shame. "Your father hoped that being back here, Solving it together.. would reignite your desire to be a team again."