|Chapter 2|

CHAPTER TWO:

CHAPTER TWO:

Moving in sure is hard work.

(Y/N) gently placed the last box down, heaving out a sigh of relief as she wipes her sweat stained forehead.

She couldn't believe it. After a few weeks of waiting and sorting out papers, she was finally allowed to move in with her Nee-san.

It was like a dream come true for (Y/N).

A small part of her still wishes to stay with her grandparents, they were the ones who took care of her anyways.

But Mitsuri made sure that everything will be alright, just like she promised.

It took some trial and error to have (Y/N) transferred to Kimetsu Academy.

Her former teachers weren't to fond of the idea, and they weren't in for the hassle, so Mitsuri had to fetch the transcript herself.

But thankfully, her coworkers were kind enough to help her.

They know how much (Y/N) means to her, that's why they wasted no time and started working on the transfer.

"Is that the last of them, (Y/N)?" She turned around to see her Nee-san, Mitsuri Kanroji. Who's head was peeking out the door frame.

Mitsuri is a curvaceous young woman of average height and muscular build with a slightly pale complexion and round, pale green eyes with long eyelashes, a small beauty mark beneath each of them.

She has long, light pink hair that fades into a lime green color at the halfway point, which she wears in three thick braids.

She has five shorter, choppy clumps hanging over her face as voluminous bangs, the tips lime green as well.

"I'm all done, Nee-san!" (Y/N) waved a hand at her sister, a small smile plastered on her face.

Mitsuri let herself inside (Y/N)'s new room. She was still in her cutesy striped lime-green pajamas, and her eyes were still droopy from just waking up.

(Y/N) arrived pretty late yesterday, so Mitsuri suggested that she fixes her stuff in the morning.

The older Kanroji rubbed the nape of her neck, completely forgetting that (Y/N) was an early riser.

And she forgot to make breakfast.

"Are you hungry, (Y/N)? I can whip us up some breakfast real quick." She offered.

"I made some omurice and pancakes, so you don't have to worry about cooking." (Y/N) exclaimed, her eyes growing concerned as she sees her older sister start to tear up.

"Aww~! I'm so lucky to have you, (Y/N)! I love you so much~!" Mitsuri said in a sing-song like tone, her cheerfulness wafting through the air.

(Y/N) couldn't help but smile at the sight, she missed these days so dearly.

"Love you too, Nee-san ." (Y/N) giggled out as she watches her sister merrily skip her way out of the room, and into the kitchen.

(Y/N) already had breakfast, so she decided to sort all her things out.

Mitsuri gave (Y/N) her spare futon, but the room was still missing a few pièce de résistance.

She opened a few of the boxes and started to take out the important items.

Like her Shiba-Inu nightlight, her (Favorite Manga) comics, her journals, and some pictures of their grandparents.

(Y/N) looked at the picture with saddened eyes, she misses her grandparents dearly.

Their grandparents granted her permission to live in with her sister. It took a while of convincing, but Mitsuri sure is a smooth talker.

She had their grandparents agreeing in just a matter of minutes, which is definitely something since their grandparents were known to be quite strict.

But there was still this pang of guilt welling inside of her, that she couldn't ignore. (Y/N) couldn't quite put a finger on it.

She was surprised to see another picture sandwiched in between the small bundle of photographs, not quite remembering when this particular one was taken.

But one glance at the picture was enough to make her heart drop.

(Y/N)'s eyes were as wide as saucers as she eyes the picture in pure horror.

I thought I burned this one.

She wanted to crush and tear this photograph apart, to shred it into itty bitty pieces.

(Y/N) gently placed the bundle of her grandparents photographs aside, and held the all to familiar photo with both hands.

The memories came flashing back at her like a huge, tormenting wave.

The memories of the pain she endured, and the tears she wasted, had her flaming with pure rage.

She tore the picture in two, and then again, and again, until it was nothing but tiny little shreds. Tiny, almost unnoticeable shreds.

(Y/N) didn't waste another second. She ran up the window and slid it open, throwing all the shreds out the window.

Her heart was beating frantically against her chest, it was as if she ran a marathon.

But the adrenaline wasn't from running, but from the memories she wished to keep locked inside.

"(Y/N), are you doing okay there? I can empty the closet out if you need more space!"

(Y/N) was snapped out of her trance when she heard her sister call out to her from downstairs. Her eyes growing as wide as saucers as she notices her tear streaked face.

Her nose was all red and puffy, and her eyes were slightly red, and filled with unshed tears.

She tried her best to cover up all up. Immediately, she grabbed her towel and started to furiously wipe her face in frustration.

But she managed to heave out an "I'm okay!" without sounding like a sad, sappy ogre.

"If you say so! Get ready in a few, by the way."

"I'm going to show you around campus before you start your first day."

Mitsuri yelled out, her voice muffled a bit because it was filled with a bunch of pancakes.

(Y/N) looked back at the window, the view looks oddly satisfying.

The warm sun tickled her face, while the small breeze had her cooling down in mere seconds.

She started to think.

It won't be like last time.

I won't be stupid this time.

I won't fall in love this time.

-

Mitsuri in striped pajamas.

I dig it.