|Chapter 4|

CHAPTER FOUR:

CHAPTER FOUR:

That was one crazy experience.

Her chest heaved up and down as she tries to ease her rapidly beating heart.

After that traumatizing experience, (Y/N) sure could use some time to lie low for a bit.

"(Y/N), I have morning classes, I need to go in a minute. Will you be alright here on your own?" Mitsuri asked her Imouto as she fixes the scattered test papers on her desk.

(Y/N) nodded her head, a small smile plastered on her face. "I think I'll be safe here, Nee-san. Don't worry." She then reassures her sister.

Mitsuri was rather hesitant to leave her little sister alone.

Kimetsu Academy is definitely something else, from the staff to the students.

But she was already a few minutes late for her next class, so Mitsuri decided to just drop it and have trust in her sister.

She leaned in to give her a small, loving kiss on her cheek, much to (Y/N)'s dismay.

Blush started to creep up her neck as she looks as her sister in disbelief, her eyes wide and cheeks red with embarrassment.

(Y/N) doesn't mind the loving gestures, it's just that they were in public, and she's already noticed the CCTV cameras inside the lounge.

But luckily, there weren't any other student or teachers inside the lounge, so (Y/N) decided to just let it slide.

"You're adorable when you look like a red tomato." Mitsuri gushed at her little sister, clasping her hands together and making this adorable doe-eyed look.

"Just go already, Nee-san!" (Y/N) practically yelled at her sister, who was giggling profusely on her way out.

Finally finding peace, (Y/N) heaved out a small sigh and decided to look around the room. There wasn't anything interesting, just a bunch of desks with the teachers names on them.

(Y/N) gently trailed her fingertips on each name plate, reading the games under her breath.

"Mitsuri Kanroji... Giyu Tomioka... Tengen Uzui.. Kanae Kocho.. interesting."

While all the other ones were neatly stamped in these golden rectangles, labeled nicely and neatly- there was one plate that was definitely standing out.

"Kyojuro Rengoku." She muttered under her breath, her eyes lingering at the red name plate. It was practically glowing with yellow and red hues, it looked rather intimidating.

If she were in some sort of alternate anime universe, this plate would look like it was burning. The idea almost creeped her out.

'Must be a really intimidating teacher.' She thought to herself.

"Is there something wrong?"

(Y/N) blood ran cold when she heard the raspy voice from behind her, her cheeks turning beet red afterwards as she turns around to see this strange looking man.

He has long bright yellow hair with red streaks akin to flames along with two shoulder-length bangs and two chin-length bangs on the side of his head, black forked eyebrows, and golden eyes that fade to red with white pupils.

Her eyes turned as wide as saucers as she notices his formal uniform. He's a teacher- and he doesn't look to happy.

"O-Oh! I'm sorry Sir! I wasn't snooping or-or anything.. I w-was just looking at the name plates." She immediately rambled, trying to sound convincing enough.

The teacher raised a brow at her in confusion, yet his face was still stern. Then a loud husky laugh escaped from his lips, which definitely had (Y/N) surprised.

"Haha, it's all good! I didn't mean to scare you." He then explains.

After a minute of awkward silence, he finally spoke. "You're Mitsuris little sister right? I've heard alot about you."

"It's my first day here, everything is all different. I kinda like it." (Y/N) briefly explained, while fiddling with her fingertips in a comforting manner.

"That's good to hear. We might see each other more often too!" His cheery vibe and great optimism had (Y/N) feeling mixed emotions.

He has a pretty muscular/athletic build, and his appearances makes him rather unapproachable. (Y/N) would be lying if she said she wasn't intimidated.

But the wide enthusiastic smile plastered on his lips, and the bright gleam in his eyes had all her worries fading away.

"That's nice." She merely answered.

(Y/N) quickly made her way back to Mitsuris desk, her cheeks starting to form this rather noticeable blush as she starts to mumble incoherently to herself.

That was so uncool.

She could hear the teacher rummaging through his stuff, evidently searching for something.

(Y/N) decided not to ask anything and continued to fiddle around with the items on the desk.

"I found it!" (Y/N)'s head shot up when she heard the teachers enthusiastic voice. He was already infront of the door, with three bentos in his hands.

A wide smile was plastered on his face as he looks at (Y/N) gleefully. "Do you want to eat some beef nabe? I packed three just in case Obanai or Gyomei wants some." He briefly clarified.

"I-im good." She responded, giving the enthusiastic teacher a small smile.

"Maybe next time then! These are really delicious!" The teacher rejoiced before running off to meet up with his fellow colleagues.

She could hear his footsteps stomping away, and she was finally at peace once more. Or so she thought.

"My name's Kyojuro Rengoku, by the way! I know my name plates kinda weird- I tried following Tengens art steps but it didn't really work out that well."

His head peeped out of the door, the fiery hair visible to (Y/N)'s vision.

A small squeak escaped her lips, her eyes growing as wide as saucers as her eyes lock with golden gues.

"O-Oh! I think it looks really pretty." (Y/N) commented, her voice soft and quiet. She didn't think that Kyojuro would hear, but he did.

"Thank you!" He beamed, his voice loud and almost childish like.

Kyojuro bid her goodbye one last time, before dashing away while screaming "UMAI"

(Y/N) thought it was kind of funny, and she found herself giggling at his antics.

Students weird, teachers weird. Tomorrows going to be so hectic.

—