|Chapter 26|

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:

Kyojuro slowly made his way up (Y/N)'s room, his footsteps soft and nearly quiet just in case (Y/N) was already fast asleep.

It's been a couple of hours since the incident took place, but Kyojuro still held the moment tightly to his chest.

He wished to turn back time just to beat up the attacker a second time. Kyojuro deemed it was a necessity, so he could sleep peacefully tonight.

Slowly opening the door with a soft creak, Kyojuro was surprised to see (Y/N) sitting upright in her bed, scrolling away on her phone without a care in the world.

She hadn't noticed Kyojuro opening the door, but once she heard his footsteps, her head immediately turned to his direction.

"Rengoku-Sensei." She breathed out, normally confused as to why he was still there.

Then it hit her.

He was in her room.

Her room.

Blush soared her cheeks at the sudden realization, but luckily the room was dimly lit so she had no problems trying to hide it.

Although she's only ever invited one person to her room before, she still felt jittery.

Maybe it was because it's Kyojuro that step foot inside her room.

Maybe it was his endearing presences that made her so anxious.

Add the fact that no one else was at home, and they were all alone.

"Are you feeling any better?" Kyojuro asked gruffly, going to set the glass of water beside her bed. He sat on the empty chair and grabbed the medicine that was on her desk.

(Y/N) nodded her head, intently watching we Kyojuro popped the tablet out of its packaging and slowly handed it to her.

"Thank you, Rengoku-Sensei." She gradually accepted the tablet and drink, taking the tablet first before gulping down a heaping glass.

Kyojuro felt ticked off. He cares about (Y/N), and her wellbeing means more than anything else to him.

He is glad that she's safe and sound, but he wasn't about to let it slide.

Things could've gotten way out of proportion if he wasn't there, and he did not want to imagine any of the possibilities.

"I told you to call me by my first name when outside of school grounds, (Y/N)." He sighed, then waved a hand at her dismissively afterwards.

Kyojuro then added, "It's fine, it's fine. Do you remember the face of the person who attacked you? Senjuro called the police and they wanted a description of the person."

(Y/N) merely shook her head, then replied, "I can't remember anything Ren— Kyojuro. I'm sorry."

A frustrated sigh escaped his lips. Kyojuro wasn't able to identify the man's face either since his vision was practically filled with red.

Kyojuro was enraged, and he needed to land a blow on his stupid face as quick as possible. You can't blame the man for having a blood spree.

Running his fingers through his hair, Kyojuro let's out a frustrated sigh, "This is going to be tough. This wouldn't have happened if you just listen to me."

The firmness of Kyojuro's voice made (Y/N) flinch.

She knew he'd be mad, but (Y/N) didn't think much of the consequences.

Feeling threatened, (Y/N) argued back, "But it was just a one time thing. I wasn't informed of a crazy perverted guy scouting the area, you can't blame me."

This made Kyojuro even more enraged, his voice growing angrier as he spoke. "All you had to do was listen, (Y/N)! If your sister finds out about this, we'll all be screwed."

"So that's what's bothering you? Your afraid that I'll tell my sister about this? Don't worry, I won't ruin your chances with her, Sensei."

The words burned like acid through her tongue. (Y/N) did not think it'd be true, but look where we are now.

Kyojuro only cared about the impression he'll make. He only cared about what Mitsuri would think of this shenanigan.

'He likes her for Pete's sake, (Y/N). Stop daydreaming and grow the fuck up.'

Kyojuro on the other hand, felt confused and conflicted. He didn't understand what she meant by "I won't ruin your chances with her."

His gaze met hers, and Kyojuro's eyes grew wide at the sight.

Glossy (E/C) eyes, slowly brimming with tears. With her nose scrunched up in distance, (Y/N) quickly turned around to hide her reddening face.

She didn't know why she felt utterly frustrated, but her feelings cannot be denied.

Her chest ached and her eyes sting from the incoming tears. Slowly but surely, beats of tears started running down her reddened cheeks, and a quiet whimper escaped her lips.

Kyojuro wanted to comfort her, but was to blinded by his frustrations. Wanting to prove that he wasn't a whipped man, Kyojuro stood his ground.

He could see the tears, but Kyojuro could not even comprehend the amount of pain (Y/N) was feeling at that point in time.

He would never know, anyways. She wanted to ensure that.

"It's not about Mitsuri, (Y/N). I care about my students dearly, I just wanted you to know that I won't tolerate with these kinds of actions."

"(Y/N), listen to me."

"Jesus Christ, woman."

"You know what? Fine, I'll leave you alone."

No matter how much Kyojuro would explain, (Y/N) was in no good state of mind to even care about his words.

With a small sigh escaping his lip, Kyojuro hung his head low in defeat. They had to wake up early tomorrow for school, and he needed the long sleep 

Filling up another hefty amount of water in her glass, Kyojuro then quietly exited the room without another word.

He was mad, but he still cared for (Y/N).

Kyojuro decided to sleep on the couch in their living room, making sure that the lights in the other room was on just so could see his surroundings.

After fixing up his clothes and getting himself some pillows, Kyojuro then laid his tired, worried head.

He was not a fan of crashing in at another person's place, he was never able to sleep unless it was in the comfort of his own home.

And so, to make himself tired, Kyojuro started to examine the pictures that were framed on the walls.

Most of the picture framed were filled with photos of Mitsuri and (Y/N), and he couldn't help but smile at the sight.

Before he knew it, Kyojuro was already fast asleep.

—