|Chapter 27|

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN:

"Bring out your quiz notebooks. We'll be having a surprise quiz in 5 minutes."

The crowd of students looked at their adviser, Kyojuro Rengoku, in utter disbelief.

Kyojuro remained calm and collected, acting as if it was nothing special.

He's never surprised his class with a random quiz, and he felt like today was a good day to start.

(Y/N) on the other hand, was shocked. Eyes wide as saucers as she stares at her Sensei in disbelief.

It's been a few days now, and (Y/N) was starting to notice a strange pattern. She wasn't exactly sure of the sorts, but the idea still remained in the back of her head.

"Crud, what lessons are we tackling in this quiz? Tanjiro, help me out please!" The girl practically whisper-yelled at the cheerful boy who sat next to her.

Tanjiro was more than happy to help her, a wide smile plastered on his face as he replied, "No worries! If you don't feel confident in your answers, just look at mine." He beams at her.

(Y/N) thought she was off the hook, but little did she know that Kyojuro was eyeing them like a mother hawk. His ear open and attentive as he listen to their conversation.

Another idea struck him.

"Stand up, class. I'll be shuffling the seats to ensure there will be no cheating during the duration of the quiz."

(Y/N), of course, felt enraged by this. Now she knows for certain that Kyojuro was trying to pull her leg.

It took a while of arranging, and (Y/N) was seated at the front sandwiched in between Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira.

While these two were her close friends, (Y/N) knows that she wasn't able to ask them for help.

Not with Kyojuro sitting at the front desk, arms crossed and chest puffed in his gruffly mood.

Kyojuro stood up from his seat, golden eyes gazing at (Y/N)'s (E/C) ones for almost a millisecond before he spoke.

"We may begin in 5 minutes." Kyojuro started.

"Any erasures or alterations means your answer is wrong, and no changing of papers. In the true or false segment, when you answer wrong, you'll be deducted of two points. Do I make myself clear?"

The class answered in unison, a tinge of panic crashing through them as they answered, "Yes Sensei!"

And so, the war continues.

(Y/N) panicked, eyes wide like saucers as she gradually reads and re-read's the context of the test questions that was handed to her.

She was annoyed by Kyojuro's actions, and saying that she was mad was a huge understatement.