16

Sky can't help but feel nervous and be filled with dread. Whatever it is that is going to happen will be happening soon, she can feel it. She holds back the tears as she looks herself over and smiles. "You worked miracles Tandy. You made me look like a princess."

Tandy snorts. "I didn't need a miracle to make you look like a princess. The clothes and you did that. All I did was enhance what was already there. I'm glad you have that necklace it goes perfectly with the dress."

Even the slight color she catches on the jewel matches the dress she's wearing. She smiles warmly at her memory of Ellis giving it to her. He seems to have lost his animosity towards her completely. 

"Isn't it lovely? Ellis gave it to me. My mother didn't believe in giving gifts for birthdays or special occasions so I haven't really ever gotten a gift."

"If you don't mind my saying Sky, your mother was a real bitch." Tandy says in a lowered voice.

Sky laughs, "It seems she was much more a bitch than I had known." Sky takes a deep breath and hopes her fears are unfounded as she opens the door.

"You look stunning Sky." Wyatt tells her as she steps out.

"You look nice too, when did you change?" Sky hadn't realized that he'd left to change for the party.

"I was relieved of duty long enough to change then I came back here to escort you to the alphas." Wyatt offers her his arm and they move towards the stairs.

She can hear their indrawn breath as they watch her coming down the stairs and it makes her beam. "You look beautiful Sky. Remind me to give Tandy a raise." Kacey says taking her hand and helping her down the last of the stairs.

Sky decides to have some fun with his words. She raises an eyebrow and says, "Are you saying that I was ugly before and she turned me beautiful?"

Kacey turns red and shakes his head. "No, Sky, she just enhanced perfection. She made the makeup look completely natural. If I hadn't known you were wearing it, I never would have detected it. I have never seen any one more lovely than you are right now."

Sky gives him a kiss. "I was just messing with you a bit. Thank you for the compliment. I guess we should go on in?" She offers her hand to Kacey and he places it on his arm.

As they enter the ballroom Sky can feel a difference in all of them. She tries to talk to them but they don't respond. The further they walk into the room the more she's convinced that something is wrong. 

The alphas completely ignore her and allow the females that come crowding up around them to separate her from them. She sees them allowing the girls to touch them and kiss them. She feels the pain like wasp stings from each touch and each kiss. Even though the kisses weren't on the lips or intimate touching it was still incredibly painful. 

Through her pain she holds back her tears. She turns and finds Wyatt. "Take me out of here now. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep it together."

Wyatt doesn't waste any time and they leave the room to whisperings and comments about how the alphas are disrespecting their mate and luna. 

Wyatt takes her to her room and just holds her as she cries. "I don't understand, Wyatt. I thought they would treat me better than this."

"What's wrong Sky?" Tandy asks alarmed at seeing Sky back so soon and in tears.

"She entered with the alphas. It was like a switch went off and she was no longer there. They didn't seem to hear her or feel her or even smell her scent. The female bitches of the pack have surrounded the alphas and started touching them as they flirted with them. They even started kissing the alphas."

"It hurts so bad. I can't imagine what it will be like if they allow the females to have sex with them." Sky cries. "Tandy if this is the pain you went through with that bastard of a mate, I commend you for still being alive.

"I'll need both of you to pack, I'll be leaving tomorrow. That is if you both still want to come with me?" Sky is doing her best to not scream from the pain she's receiving.

"I'll just help you get those clothes off now and then I'll start packing. When will we leave?" Tandy says and starts undoing the back of the dress.

"Tomorrow, early, I'll go down and tell those bastards that I'll be rejecting them. They will need to call a pack meeting so if you want you can reject your ass of a mate as well. After the pack meeting we'll leave. I hear that the storm has abated enough that the bridge should be open tomorrow. At the very least for pedestrians."

"Sky, the bridge is over a mile long." Wyatt says softly trying to get her to reconsider leaving if the bridge isn't open to vehicular travel.

"So? One of the things my mother did do was take me hiking. We would take packs and sometimes go over night. The only time we ever went camping. I would never have figured her to enjoy the outdoors otherwise."

"As you wish."

"Won't you need to pack too Wyatt, or aren't you coming?" Sky stops breathing at the thought of losing him too.

"I found my mate and nothing will take her from me. I'll go with you to the ends of the earth if that's what you would like to do."

"Wait, you're mates with Sky as well?" Tandy stands there holding the forgotten dress in her hands. "Well I guess that's the reason you don't have a problem with him seeing you nearly naked. Do the alphas know?" Tandy says shaking her head to wake her up from the shock.

"Yes, they know and accept him as a fellow mate. After tomorrow he'll be my only mate." That sets Sky off again.

"Do you want me to leave, Sky?" Wyatt is in agony. He would never expect the alphas to do this to Sky. They don't like being hypocrites and yet their actions are making them to be so. It is very unlike them. 

Then it hits him. There is a potion that could do this. His eyes widen, it is black magic and if someone from the pack is using it they will most definitely be killed once the alphas recover from it. The problem is, the mischief achieved the desired result of Sky willing to reject the alphas. But he doubts that they will get the alphas to accept them and mark them as mates. He knows that the wolves will never accept the females that are doing this.

Once Tandy leaves Sky whispers to Wyatt, "I need help with this pain Wyatt. Your touch helps the pain, please help me?"

"Sky, it's taking all that I have to not touch your intimately. If I do I don't think I'll be able to stop from mating with you and marking you. I don't want to take advantage of you like that."

"Before we went to the party I had pretty much decided to accept you all and let you all mark me. I just wanted to see what would happen tonight before I let them know my decision. I still want you to mark me. Please, Wyatt it hurts so much."

With those words Wyatt is helpless against her pleading. It is hurting his wolf to see her in so much pain.