39

The shifters that took up their homes near and in the cliffs now take up positions in the various caves that surround the box canyon. They all wait silently for the traitors and rogues that would destroy the sanctuary they've found there.

The cats, and there's more than just mountain lions now, slink out of the caves and take up positions in trees not far from where the traitors will wait for the rogues to join them. They know how to be still and silent and like humans, the wolves don't bother to look up in the trees to see if any of the cat people might be there.

Sky watching with her knights thinks they are even more stupid than she had believed and she had thought them rather stupid before.

She straightens and holds herself ready to move as she hears a large group coming from the outside caves. The reports were accurate then as the intended fighting force comes into sight. Sky lets out a silent sigh at how many rogues had gathered against them.

"There's more than rogues. I see some wolves that belong to some of our enemies. Several from the mafia that insulted us so greatly." Wyatt says in a voice that just carries over to her.

Once the last of the invading force enters the canyon the snakes block off the caves. The cry of an eagle is the signal and those with guns let out the volley of shots before the cats leap down and attack. It doesn't take long before there's sounds of vicious fighting.

"Are you ready to join the fun gentlemen?" Sky asks and turns to her wolf. Her knights turn nearly as easily as she does and so does Wyatt. Then they leave the safety of the cave and join the bloody melee down below.

Sky is the size of a normal wolf and it doesn't take long for her to become a target. She deals rather quickly with that wolf and sees one of her mates losing his fight against nearly ten wolves. This pisses Sky off and she barrels into the group of wolves and starts killing them. She does so violently enough that they turn their attention from Ellis and place it on her.

This gives Ellis time to stand and shake off the effects of being thrown to the ground. When he sees her, his wolf goes crazy and he tears the wolves apart that are fighting her.

Wyatt and her knights are no less busy. All of them have found an alpha and stay with them to help them fight off the incredible amounts of enemies that try to overwhelm them with numbers alone.

Suddenly there is a sweep of power that stops all of the wolves and draws their attention.

The wolves that are fighting against them fight against their wolves to submit, but not even the strongest of the rogues is able to resist and drop to their belly.

"CHANGE NOW!" Sky demands of the wolves that were fighting them.

They fight it, they truly do, but it is too strong a command, not even those of alpha blood are able to fight it.

"Those of you that are traitors you will bring yourselves before me and my mates now!"

Reluctantly several of the most hurt wolves make their way to her.

Sky sighs and shakes her head. Among those that betrayed them are the two that she stopped from abusing the females of the Cummings mafia. "You just don't get it, do you?"

She looks over the wolves, some daring to look her in the eyes in direct challenge. Sky narrows her eyes and allows even more power out. That drops the wolves to their knees. "There will be no more mercy extended to you. There is no place among us for traitors."

The alphas and her knights all find a traitor and make short work of their death.

Once the traitors are all dealt with she turns her attention to the rogues.

"Why?" That's all she says and waits for them to answer her.

One dares to reply, "Why what?" 

Sky turns her attention to him. "Why did you wish to attack us?"

"I was ordered to by my alpha. I had no desire to fuck with you all." The wolf says rather resignedly.

"How many of you were also in the same boat as this one?" Sky demands. With the alpha command they can't not answer her honestly. About half of the surviving attackers raise their hands.

"Who is your alpha?" Sky demands.

There are three alphas, but most of them are from the wolf mafia they are preparing to attack.

"Kacey?"

Kacey has turned back to his human form and finishes dressing. Once he's done he looks over the wolves. He nods and then speaks, "You will be kept in my cells until we are ready to attack your pack. At that time Sky will fight your alpha for control of the pack and mafia. Once she wins the fight you'll be allowed to return to your families. You will swear your loyalty to me and if you ever betray that I'll kill you slow and painfully. Is that understood?" Kacey demands.

"She can't fight the alpha, he'll kill her." One of the men dares to say what many of them were thinking. 

"She will win." Ellis says also showing his belief in  her.

"Even if she does the mafias won't allow her to be in charge. You know that they have the same idea about females that the ass that is our alpha has about them."

Sky smiles wickedly, "I won't be taking over the mafia or be alpha of the pack, I'll be luna and Kacey will take over as Alpha and you will be integrated into our pack and mafia."

There is shocked silence from those gathered there.

Sky turns her attention to the rogues.

She looks them over and shakes her head.

Before she could speak she is stopped by a female voice, "Sky, I would ask clemency on one of the wolves."

Sky takes her attention from rogues and turns to look behind her and finds not one but several of the females that had lost mates either through rejection or death.

"Why?"

"I can feel my mate in that group."

Sky studies them closely, "Do you?" Then she smiles. She takes a step to the side and makes a sweeping gesture.

There is the sound of guns being cocked, "The females will go among you, if you harm them you will be killed even if you are their mate. Do you understand?" Sky demands.

The rogues are too bewildered to do anything more than nod.

The females attend to all the downed wolves and many find mates.

"Take the wounded back to the Cummings pack house and get them treated." Kacey demands and so the least wounded take the most wounded and lead the others back to the pack house. The females that are mates to them are doing their best to help staunch the blood flow.