CHAPTER 1- A WHOLE NEW WORLD.

Mia stepped out of the cab as the driver stared awkwardly at her.

'Why is he staring so much?' she thought to herself but when she looked at her clothes, she knew instantly. Her outfit didn't go with this place, neither does her hair.

She was standing at club Binge, the most expensive club in Seattle. Mia looked around her and could see some girls dressed skantily and sluttily and had heavy makeup on. Their dresses were so short, some of them ended at their hips and their lips glowed of too much lip gloss and lipsticks. The place looked undeniably lively and full from the outside.

She was dressed simply, in a beige sweat-pant and sweatshirt and a pair of sneakers. Her hair was in a messy bun and she didn't bother applying makeup due to the urgency.

Earlier, Mia was cuddled up on the couch watching 'Stranger things' marathon when her phone rang. Her Younger brother, Baxton, who was supposed to be at a friend's place studying or lied that he would be, told her he had gone to the club with some friends and couldn't find any of them, his wallet was missing and he needed her to come pick him up.
Mia could already picture the whole scenario in her head, Baxton was probably trying to impress his white friends or not so friends by following them to the club, only to be ditched by them, typical high school kids.

He was only trying to belong, she knew that much but "why go through all this?" Mia thought aloud to herself.
She would have went through some bullying in high school but she didn't try to befriend anyone. She was a chronic introvert; according to her best friend. She always kept to herself and didn't interact much with people, she was like a shadow in high school and most of her school mates would have sworn she didn't attend the same school as them. She was a very pretty girl, but when a pretty girl didn't try to flaunt her beauty or join a popular club, she is hardly noticed. She love being indoors doing the things she loves. This was her life and she loved it.

She never went to parties or did things her age would do. Her twenty years of life has mostly been spent indoors with her brother and mother who had sadly passed away some years ago due to cancer.

Now, she stood outside a club which was a foreign territory to her. She looked around but there was no sign of Baxton. She decided to give him a call but his phone was suddenly turned off. Mia didn't want to go in at all but after calling several times, she knew she had no choice. She walked towards the entrance but the bulky bouncer stopped her.

"Uhmmmm...." Mia became so nervous and could not find her voice.

The bouncer raised his eyes at her before telling her she can't go in because her clothes weren't suitable. Mia knew there was nothing she could do now but plead her way in. Her eyes were already watery and she felt so dizzy when she thought something bad might have happened  to Baxton. He was all she had after their mother's death and she could not imagine losing him too.

The club bouncer noticed her despair and took pity on her. She had a calm and gentle demeanor and could possibly not cause any trouble.

"Why are you here?" He asked.
Mia told him her ordeal and he allowed her to go in after telling her she got 10 minutes to be out with her brother.  She entered and was shocked at the deafening sound of the music. She  felt her brain go numb. How do people enjoy this place? And how was Baxton able to get in? Something was definitely fishy.

The place looked extravagant from the outside, no doubt, but the inside was even more exquisite. The furnitures, the bar, the dance floor and even the DJ corner was quite a nice architectural design. The downfloor was cool and the upfloor looked even more cooler from down here. The place was bubbly and filled with so much party people.

The owner must have spent quite a fortune on this place and if not for the extremely loud music, the place would have been compared to an high end elite restaurant.

Mia searched the downfloor for Baxton but could not find him. She decided to check the top floor. Her eyes were already glistening with tears as she climbed up the stairs. She bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry" She said quickly as she tried to walk past but the person wouldn't let her go.

*

*

*

*

* *. * *. *. *
First chapter done and dusted. I think Mia's character turned out as I wanted it. A shy, calm and gentle girl. This first chapter is just kinda a description of Mia's character and naiveness. But it will definitely evolve in a short while.

If you like Mia's character, please comment and if you don't and may like some changes to it, pls also comment that and what changes.

P.s- it's my birthday.

I will try to update every day🌹💆

XOXO
Joy-all over❤️