CHAPTER TEN

'Salve signore, benvenuto" (Hello sir, Welcome). The maid greeted him as he walked into the huge house.

'Grazie" Alex said losing his tie gently 'Dove Sono I miei genitori?' (where are my parents?) He asked.

'sono già in Sala da pranzo' (They are at the dinning room already) She Said and proceeded out.

Alex walked straight to the dinning room to see his parents and sister sitted already. His Father had called for a family dinner today and he had come straight here after the office.

'Ciao mamma e papà' He greeted as he walked to his mom to give her a kiss.

'Mio figlio, benvenuto' ( My son, welcome). Lucia Guidotti, his mother kissed his forehead and patted him. He has always had this close bond with her, maybe cause he is her first child or only son.
She is a very pretty woman even in her mid fifties, she looked thirty.

'You don't come to see your parents. We must call to invite you here each time'. Daniel Guidotti, his father was saying as the maid dished his food. He was quite Stern and his face was hardly ever in a smile, his voice deep and harsh toned. He wasn't one to mess with.
Alex didn't bother to reply to that, his reply would keep that conversation going and he didn't want that.

'Ciao fratello maggiorre' Isabella greeted him. ' Long time, no see dear brother' she said standing up to hug him.

'Been busy like you too. How are you?'Alex replied taking his seat.

'Your girlfriend must have told you am doing fine, we were together all through last week, you don't know that right?,Bella, as she was called for short asked smiling cheekily. 'Anyways, been shooting for a movie for the longest time now in New York, tiring and fun but am used to it' She shrugged.

Alex sighed and cleared his throat as she giggled. The dinner just started and Bella was already bringing the topic he dreaded but thank God, his father was focused on his food and Lucia was giving orders to a maid and they both didn't catch the conversation.

Bella, his younger sister is an actress who started acting from a pretty young age and has become one of the top celebrity both in her home country, Italy and Hollywood. Their status contributing immensely to her fame, however she was really talented; no lie.

He sat more comfortably on his seat as they ate quietly. His Father asking about the business from time to time from him, even though he has someone who always tells him the in's and out of it; he just wanted to hear from him.

'How is Veronica?' Lucia suddenly ask. 'Bless that gorgeous child, it's been so long you two came here for dinner' She said smiling brightly. This was the conversation he was avoiding and that's why he didn't come to his parents house as much anymore.

Veronica Esposito, his alledged girlfriend is the daughter of his father's  friend, Fernaz Esposito was also a big name in the country, owning the biggest mall located in almost every city in the country and some other businesses.
He did like Veronica one time but it just faded, they still hook up sometimes and do stuffs like he does with his other girlfriends but she was the known one.

Partly Italian and American, Veronica is a well known socialite with her own  brand of lipstick,she was doing pretty well for herself. According to the news, they were regarded as one of the top power couple but honestly, she was like a bone stuck to his neck and he tried to shake her off but she just wouldn't go. So, he just kept up the charade, being with her and having fun, or not. She has more to lose than him, being known as Alex Guidotti girlfriend was a bragging right on it's own and a single picture of them together spreads like wildfire.

'She is fine, Mama' He replied

'Be a good son and bring her to dinner soonest, okay? We need to know her better' Lucia said as she pressed his hand on the table lightly.

'You know you are getting older by the year, you should settle down already with her, soonest' His dad chipped in sternly.

" Yes Mio figlio" His mum agreed and he turned to see his sister smiling heartily, Veronica was in her circle of friends.

" Am not ready now Papa, I need some time"

"You've been needing time since forever" His father huffed at his reply, clearly disappointment written on his Stern face which was now more sterner. " You are lucky to have someone like Veronica, even with your escapades with other girls, she still keep up with you, Moron. You better man up" Daniel was venting. Yeah right, as if Alex didn't know this relationship was all political for his dad.

'Alex kept quiet as he talked, any more objection and this topic would go on for a long time.

"You are leaving for Seattle tomorrow?" Daniel asked after he was done venting about his marriage.

" Yes sir" Alex replied.

" You better use your head and pick the best pitch, I don't want my money wasted on unprofitable investments. You hear me, boy?" He asked standing up to leave.

"Yes sir" Alex stood up too as a goodnight curtsey to his father. Daniel stared at him before walking out and he heaved a sigh of relief.