CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT.

Mia has been waiting all day for Alex to come back home, since she got off the phone with her brother.

An overly excited Baxton had sent her a picture of a watch on his wrist and called her almost immediately, before she could even understand what the picture meant, to thank her for his birthday present.

"Sis....it's a 24karat gold wristwatch. I couldn't believe it when I saw the manufacturer mark .It's gold all around.....jeez. I don't even know what to say....." Baxton was saying.

At once, She knew who was behind it...Alex.

She'd been speechless and didn't know how to respond to Baxton. How did Alex know it was Baxton's birthday and why did he send him something like that. But what surprised her more was how did Baxton come to think she had that much money to get him something as expensive as that. She didn't have any account here; no one that she knows of, and her whole money back in Seattle won't be able get him that.

Baxton was however sharp-witted. He picked on so quickly from Mia's dazed expression and obvious shock and confusion.

"Is it him?" He asked, now a bit calm.

Mia nodded.

She couldn't however tell Baxton to give it back to whoever had brought it. She knew Alex would never agree to take it back. One thing she has come to know about him, he was intractable.

She couldn't tell Baxton to not take it and at the same time couldn't tell him to take it.

She has to speak with him first.

"Hey"

Alex turned towards her, his hands on the button of his dress shirt. He smiled.

"How was work?" Mia asked, walking further into the room and towards his bed. She sat down on the medium firm density bed and made herself comfortable.

"Great" Alex replied and kept on undressing.

Mia sat there, not saying anything, just watching him take off his dress shirt and shoes effortlessly.

This man.

Wasn't he going to tell her what he did. She decided to say it then.

"Baxton called me" She started and almost lost all words in her head when he suddenly zipped down his flyer so Swiftly. The grinding noise of it and his hands on that area making her heart suddenly beat fast. She peeled her eyes away from that area and to his face.

Alex smiled.

"You sent him something for his birthday.....A wrist watch"

"Yeah. Did he like it?" Alex asked casually. His hands now in his already zipped trouser pocket and staring at her.

"Yeah......of course he did" Mia replied. "It's just that....." She sighed. "Isn't it too much. A gold wristwatch isn't cheap at all"

"Well.......it is for me" A smug smile on his face. "As long as he likes it, then it's alright"

"Alex....." Mia started again

"Don't think about it too much okay?. It's nothing really. It's just a few million dollars anyways......very few. Let the kid enjoy. He is your brother and I'm keeping you away from him when he needed you most, that's the least I can do" He walked up to her and held her hands in his palms. "You said he's been good too, remember?"

Mia stood up and wrapped her hand around his neck. He needed to say no more.

"Thank you for everything you do Alex. I really do appreciate"