FIFTY TWO -- 'SPOSAMI, MARIA'-I

Amelia walked into the office, taking poise steps towards the desk; a beautiful piece of furniture with an inlaid surface. She brought out a file from her leather-trimmed blotter and placed it on the table before finally looking towards the sinewy physique of her boss. The sunshine spilling through the tall windows overlooking the city imbueding his dark hair with silver highlights.

She's worked with him for almost five years and yet, he was a stranger and mysterious to her. She didn't know him and as much as she thought she knew his schedules and the hour of the day he supposedly did some things, that was all. He had never really let her in.

"I want it to be comfortable for her for the night" Alex's voice boomed in the large office. "Not the size from before, a little bigger for her, she's gained a bit more since you last stocked her closet"

Even though she'd gained a good 24 pounds like she told him in the past few months-- 24 pounds her not too thin petty frame had welcomed and he adored-- She was blessed with a body that was flattered by pretty much any garment she put on it. She was a lot more matured now and curvier.

He turned to take a look at Amelia standing by his desk before returning his gaze to the view. "Is it possible to have someone send her some flowers with it" Alex detailed and nodded before hanging up. He crossed to his desk and took his seat before acknowledging fully the presence of his personal assistant.

"Good morning sir. I trust you had a splendid weekend?" Amelia greeted formally.

A slight smile appeared on Alex's face and he nodded before picking up the file neatly placed in front of him.

"The meeting from last week which you had postponed is today, in an hour time precisely" Amelia informed him, her eyes focused on her work-pad. "The executives of Mondieur are still asking for a private meeting or brunch with you and I have set a meeting with the Realtors like you asked"

Alex nodded again and sat upright. "Move all major meetings from next month to this month and discard all minor ones"

"That's alot of meetings sir. It also involves some traveling" Amelia dissented slightly.

"Make all of them fit into this month and clear my calendar for the next month" Alex said solidly.

"Yes sir. Anything else?" The young lady asked as she took a step back, ready to leave.

"Set a meeting with PR immediately after the meeting with the executives"

"Yes sir"

"Again, we will be removing our stock from Rivercan and also set a meeting with the distributors from Europe" He closed the file in his hand and placed it back down on the desk.

Amelia nodded. She'd worked with him long enough to register not just what Alex had said but also what he didn't say.

"That will be all for now" Alex said and picked up the file again. He studied it for a few seconds before raising his head back to Amelia when he sensed she didn't make a move to leave.

"That will be all for now" He repeated and Amelia nodded her head before turning towards the door, her heels making a clack sound against the tile as she walked away. Alex watched her exit, he knew she had something on her mind to say but wasn't bold enough to. His attention soon went back to the file in front of him.

She shut the door slowly behind her.

*
*

*

*

*

An hour later........

"Considering the rapid success of the campaign. We should officially be able to launch all accessories in the next two weeks... starting first with the limited edition Guido's male wristwatches." The young English man in English suit presenting with some samples of wristwatches displayed on the huge projector in front of him said and his words were accompanied by an applause and some murmurings.