TWENTY SEVEN.

"Oh shitttt" Alex woke up with a hangover, he was just in his briefs. After that incident last night, he had come straight to his room, stripped, full of regrets and went to bed.

He could still remember what happened between them....God...he always had an hard on whenever he sees her but last night was something else, he couldn't control himself and all he wanted was her.

"Oh shitttt" he remembered how she became teary when he was all over her.He was sure she hasn't gotten over the fact that he didn't tell her about Veronica and he just worsened the whole situation by doing that to her...his life was a fucking mess.

He got up to go to the bathroom and freshen up.

A knock on the door made him look towards it "come in" he Said and there was Greta with a tray and a tea cup.

Mia had asked her to make him some ginger tea this morning, saying he was drunk and probably his head was aching. Greta however didn't tell him that.

"Hello sir, some ginger tea for you" She said handing him the tea.

" Thanks Greta...I really needed this"

She smiled and replied no problem before stepping out of the room. It was a Saturday and he didnt want to go to the office as usual and neither did he have any plans....oh..he did have some places to be but he would decide later if he felt like it.

He sat for a while on his bed after  freshening up, he had left the tea to get cold , and now he  was going through his laptop while sipping,never a day of no work even if he was at home. He didn't want to go downstairs either after what happened yesterday, it would be so awkward. But he had to.

Just then he got a call from Marco and he sighed before picking up. Marco was still so concerned about him and wanted to know what was up with him last night, he looked so frustrated.  Alex told him he was okay now but Marco still decided they meet up.

"Where are you?"Marco asked.

"At my new house, am spending the weekend here" Alex said rubbing his neck slowly.

"You don't mind me coming over right, I'd like to meet Mia too" Alex could hear the small smile in his voice from over the phone.

"As long as you don't blow my cover, I will send  you my  location and please be discreet" Alex said hanging up. He quickly sent his location to Marco.

Alex quickly replied to some messages before deciding to go downstairs. Cladded in a casual white joggers and tee, he came out of his room and strolled down the little corridor also taking a glance of her room door as if he could decipher whether she was in or out at the moment. He however decided to just man up.

He came downstairs, hands in pocket as he  looked around the living room. From the dinning area, his eyes moved to the balcony outside, he could see the balcony so well through the huge glass doors. She wasn't seated in her favorite spot there either, he was kinda used to seeing her sitted on the couch outside as the morning sun shone on her, she was nowhere in sight and he felt disappointed and also relieved. He was sober now but still wasn't fully himself.

Alex isn't  a light-weight at all but last night, he did take quite alot of alcohol plus his emotions were messed up.  He strolled out towards the large gate area where his car he had came in with yesterday was parked along with two other cars for Mia's outing which was rare. He couldn't risk her being seen and taken pictures of by the  paparazzi. The car was well tinted and comfortable for her. The guards by the gate greeted him as he approach his car. He told them he was expecting Marco any moment soon and they nodded to him, understanding he meant for them to let him in. They have been given strict instructions to not let anyone in unless he told them to. The job was  top notch and private.

He was a car addict and love good cars, it was no wonder he had shares in a car manufacturing company. Once in a while, Alex likes to come take a good look at his cars and the next day, he was with a new one. The guards already knew he wanted a new car already the moment they saw him come take a look at the cars. This wasn't his full collection of cars but this black Maybach was one of his favorite and he didn't have plans to change it soon.

Just then, the gates opened and he recognized Marco's car immediately. Marco drove in and came out of his car taking a look at the house. He was wearing glasses and Marco guessed his eyes were red from drinking too. Marco was a bit drunk yesterday too but was sober now. He couldn't stop thinking about Alex unusual behavior last night, he was never like that and was always the one who was could hold his alcohol and had control. Marco knew he needed to talk with him.

"Wow amico, questo è enorme" (Wow man, this is huge)He said walking towards Alex and they bro-hugged. "You sure you are not planning to start a family without telling me"He asked jocularly. He was always with the joke.

Marco surprise however wasn't feigned, the private house was huge and incredibly modern. Marco knew Alex has always been one to go for class and standard not minding the pay, he lives in one of the most luxurious penthouses and buying a house like this was small to him. But for a woman?

"Dai" (come on) Alex replied, already used to Marco's jokes. They walked towards the house as a guard properly parked Marco's car.

"Questa casa costerà una bella fortuna"( I know this house must cost quite a fortune) Marco said as they walked towards the house.

" Non proprio" (Not really) Alex said casually, hands still in pocket. "e perchè indossi gli occhiali, so che non è per accessoriare il tuo look" ( and why are you wearing sunglasses?, I know it's not to accessorize your look). Marco wasn't a fan of shades and Alex knew that for sure.

"ho gli occhi rossi" ( I have red eyes) Marco replied almost laughing that his friend figured him out, he took off the glasses to show Alex his eyes. "Sperodi non spaventare Mia" ( I hope I don't scare Mia) He continued, winking at Alex, Alex looked at him and shook his head before looking forward again. He opened the door and they walked in.

"dov'è la Madre del tuo bambino?" ( and where is the mother of your baby?). Marco asked, not that he expected her to stand out and wait to  welcome him.