CHAPTER FIFTEEN

(under construction)

Mia woke up the next morning sick and tired, definitely morning sickness. She wasn't on a plane anymore but in a room, an extravagant and luxurious one, and on a huge white bed.

She sat on her bed and looked around the room. They had arrived late last night and she had been extremely tired. Although she had slept on the plane, it wasnt the same. She didn't get a chance to look around the house and Rodriguez didn't plan to show her around either. He had led her to the room she was now and Mia had crashed on the bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

Her head was spinning and she felt a light headache and an urge to throw up, she stood up immediately from the bed as she scanned the room for the restroom. She rushed into it and emptied her bowels there. It was quite painful and a little tear  escaped  her eyes as she did. After throwing up, she felt a little better and she put on the slippers beside her bed, she walked out of the room gently and almost stealthily.

Mia  walked past a few room doors in a big corridor. The whole house was magically white and beautiful. She past by the doors to a little living room with white sofas and a table in the middle and full glass windows overlooking mountains. The sight was beautiful and Mia stood there for a minute admiring the view before continuing on. Down the stairs to a main living room and her eyes drifted to another entrance that led to a swimming pool area; she guessed. she hadn't noticed it when she came in last night and the light from the opened door made a mesmerizing view from where she stood, close to the stairs.

She walked to the huge door and came out of the house. There was a pool outside indeed and the morning sun shone on it, making the blue pool water sparkle. She stood and watched the view when she heard someone behind her greet.

"Good morning Madame, how was your night?"

Mia was startled and turned immediately to see a lady in her late thirties or early fourties behind her.

"So sorry for startling you Madame" she quickly apologized. She was a pretty lady with long hairs and a oval face. She tied an apron on her waist and a little hair net on her head. She had an accent in her voice as she spoke English. She looked really nice and warm.

"Good morning too" Mia responded " It's okay, you didn't mean to" She said holding her chest lightly.

"How was your night Madame?" The lady asked smiling.

" It was okay" "my name is Mia, please....just call me that" Mia said in her  gentle voice, smiling. It  feeling wierd as she was being call

"Sei Italiano?" (are you Italian), She asked surprisingly.

"Oh sorry, I don't understand" Mia said confused.

" Am sorry ma'am, you said your name is Mia, I thought you were Italian" She said smiling. " I can't call you by your name, ma'am. The sir won't like that.' She said.

The sir.

"I will go now ma'am" She said and hurried off. Mia turned to her side to see him standing at the entrance.

Alex looked at her for a second as he walked to her and stood in front of her, his hands in his pocket. Mia couldn't look at him as images of that night keeps coming to her head, annoyingly.

"How was your night?"Alex asked her, he didn't miss the way she fidgets when he is close to her and how she would never look at him.

"It was okay" Mia replied stuttering.

"I see you've met Greta, she is the cook here and would also attend to your needs. You will be living here for the meantime, is that okay with you?" Alex asked as he stared at her. His eyes involuntarily moved to her pyjamas, it was silk and looked so lovely on her,her nipples were pointing out of them and he could see them clearly as he stood close to her. He stared at it before removing his eyes quickly and straightening his thoughts.

Mia just nodded her head, she was in a foreign country and here with him, she didn't know anyone but him, all she could do was accept whatever he says  and it was his baby too, she knows he cares.

"There are new clothes in the wardrobe and everything you need, if you need anything you could tell Greta to get it or call me" Alex said

She raised her head at that, Mia was surprised, call him? She didn't even have his number or a national line here. Alex must have noticed her despair and continued.

"There is a phone on your bedside table, my number and Greta's are in it" He said and Mia heaved a sigh.

"How are you feeling?" Alex suddenly asked her when he saw how pale she looked.

" Am fine, just morning sickness" Mia replied.

Alex sighed at that. " Take your meds and vitamins and have alot of rest okay?" He said and Mia nodded.

"Take care"

Alex said and at that Mia raised her head again but words failed her. Alex looked at how nervous she was and her fiddling with her pyjamas.

"This is your house now, don't be scared"

He walked off casually and Mia raised her head to watch him leave.

A house not a home!

_______________________________

Okay guys...we have come far and I am happy with the growth. When i first started this book, it was just a thought and I just penned it down roughly and didn't know how to go about it at all but now......

...Today I clocked 100 reads..I am beyond happy and grateful 🙏  to everyone who took out time to read and continue reading my book....Thank you everyone❤️❤️❤️🌹