CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

"Wait what?" Alex said as he came out of his car. He was on his phone with his secretary who had called to tell him the tabloids were filled with news of him and Veronica getting married soon. To say he was agitated was an understatement. After hanging up, he called her up. Veronica picked up on the first ring, so excited.

"Hey babe, oh my God, you called me today, I missed you so much" She was saying non-stop.

"What the fuck are the tabloids saying....shittt Veronica, what the fuck did you tell them" Alex asked furiously. She seem to notice he was so mad as she became quiet all of sudden.

"Veronica..? Speak the fuck up" Alex almost yelled.

"Babe...that isn't a lie..I was caught in a tight corner and needed to say something, I didn't think it was gonna blow up like that and besides, it's the truth. Our parents are so bent on us getting married and you know that" Veronica tried to explain in the best sexiest voice she could come up with, but it sounded so annoying to Alex.

"Come off it with our parents bullshit....I don't care, just do something about the mess you created and soon" He hanged up before she could say anything else. She was a clout chaser and that he has always known  but if his parents heard this news, they were going to mount immense pressure for a wedding which he didn't want at all.

"Shittt" He said and took off his suit before walking to the house. He was spending the night in his hidden house like he does once in a while.

The guard opened the door and he walked in casually. There she was on the sofa in the sitting room downstairs, her legs on the couch so beautifully. He walked slowly to take in this picture of a beautiful woman in a white tee and shorts sitting gorgeously on the couch. He has noticed that was her favorite sitting position and he totally found it sexy. She has such nice, delicate legs.

He looked at her face, she looked absolutely beautiful in her new hairdo. He didn't know he love ladies on braids till this moment.

She looked up at him and he stopped before quickly taking his eyes off her. He walked up to her as she removed her legs from the couch and sat up straight.

"Hey" He greeted her "How are you and the baby" he asked as looked at her little protruding belly.

"Am good" she replied.

" Benvenuto sir" Greta greeted. " How was your day sir? Dinner is almost ready. I know you must be hungry already and the madame too"

"Thanks Greta" Alex said and looked at Mia, She seems off today and for an unknown reason, he felt she has been crying. They didn't talk too much but today just felt a little off.

Alex took a seat beside her on the couch after Greta left. He watched her move slightly away. "Are you okay?... something seems to be bothering you" He asked.

She kept a straight face. Alex became a little worried and decided to ask Greta what was up with her.

"I will go take a shower then" He said getting up.

"Can we talk later after dinner?" She suddenly asked.

"Sure" He said.