CHAPTER THIRTY.

She stood at her dressing mirror looking at her clothes. She decided on something that showed less skin. For one, she wanted to feel comfortable on her first night out and not show her little bump and she also found out she had a huge hickey on her neck from him almost devouring her nape. She had looked into the mirror for the first time this morning after taking a pee and was shocked.

Mia had been so lazy this morning that she had sluggishly wore her clothes and stepped out not bothering to look at herself in the mirror. Now she knows why Greta was so surprised this morning, it wasn't just because of her requesting for some ginger tea for him. The huge red mark was enough to make one gasp. She also figured that was one of the reasons  Marco was staring at her and smiling so much. She had been so clueless as to wear a dress that exposed her nape, she felt so embarrassed that she refused to come downstairs to eat with the guys, claiming she was tired all of  a sudden and needed rest. Alex had come up to her and stood by her door to check up on her. He has never step foot into her room.

Greta had told her about the dinner tonight and that  Alex was also considering her health and if she was feeling fine enough to go out, he cared that much.

So, here she was in a blue dress with a sewn in belt and a pair of  white stilleto, comfortable enough for her little swollen feet.  She applied little makeup to her face, She was a natural beauty and didn't need that much. Her bump wasn't too pronounced but on closer look, one could easily figure out she was pregnant. She completed her look with a little white bag she really loved among the collections of bags the dressing room was stocked with. He didn't want her going out but had bought outing clothes and all for her, as if she could wear them indoors.

Mia heard  a knock on the door and Greta entered her dressing room.

"You look absolutely stunning ma'am" Greta said with adoration in her eyes and smiling ever so  warmly.

"Do I?" Mia asked happily. It was the first time in a few month that she was properly dressed to go out and this little compliment was a booster for her. Greta made her feel so much at home and when she speaks like that, it reminds her of her mom.

Alice would dress her up as a child and won't stop raining praises on her afterwards. She was a mommy's girl for sure and after Alice death, Mia missed her compliments dearly. She had gotten over it but her feeling this way again made her warm. She had a whole boutique to herself. She calls her closet a boutique and was still in awe of how filled up it was and if not for her condition, she would have tried every single dress. She always imagined Sade's reaction if she sees this huge closet/dressing room, she would go crazy and would definitely take something on every visit which Mia would not mind at all.

"I decided on a dress that won't show am expecting too much because I know he doesn't really want me out and I don't want to be seen pregnant  and I also want to feel comfortable" Mia said. She was feeling really free with Greta and they talked more casually now.

"You shouldn't say that, you should be proud that you will be a mom soon, that's so many people prayer you know. I know the situation is messy and I blame the boss for not clearing things out but you should forget everything and be happy and free as a bird tonight" Greta frowned at what Mia had said.

Mia nodded in appreciation.

The night of their argument, Mia had cried to her and Greta had comforted her like her mother would "You are a good person and deserve to be a happy mother" She had told her"

"And this dress is perfect" Greta complimented serenading her a bit "...far girare la testa al capo" ( Make the boss head spin) Greta added smiling sheepishly.

"Uhmmmm?" Mia asked her, not understanding what she had said in Italian.

"It's nothing, Sir is outside waiting, he asked me to get you" Greta assured her.

"Okay" Mia said, not wanting to push Greta to tell her what she said since she had said it was nothing. She took a final look of herself in the mirror and brought out her phone. Mia quickly took a selfie.

    Marco had left after he had breakfast, he had a mild altercation with Alex about his suggestion but Marco had told him they were going to Robin's, a top five star restaurant that had alot of privacy and where only the super rich dines at. They had strict rules and Paparazzi weren't allowed close, unless the paparazzi were so desperate and chose to dine there so they could get a shot.  It would be hard for anyone to get a shot of them. "He had it all figured out" was Marco's defense "And how does he expect her to have a fun pregnancy if she is kept indoors all through the period of her being pregnant, that could lead to depression and a more rough postpartum"
Alex was surprised at how much Marco seems to know but he couldn't deny he was making sense.

He had no other choice. Alex sat in the car as he waited for her to come out, she finally did; accompanied by Greta.

He looked at her for a split second. She looked radiant as ever and blue suited her so well. The dress was a bit fladded and made it almost impossible for one to figure out she was a few months gone, he missed  seeing her little bump but figured it was for the better. He looked to her hands, she was holding her belly fondly as if protecting it. Her braids were neat on her head and the little makeup lightened her face so well, her diamond stud earrings were sitting pretty on her ears. He looked down to her legs which was getting a little thick but looked so sexy still in her stilleto's. She was perfect!

Rodriguez opened the car door for her, he quickly looked away from her and put him self together. She sat down and her  smell which he finds seductive filled his nose. She smelled like lotus flower and daisies with a mix of red roses. Her scent was something he never forgets after their first meeting.

He didn't look at her at all when she got in but was focused ahead of him and on Rodriguez. Rodriguez started the car, taking her away from the huge house she has left just twice since she lived here.

"You look beautiful" Alex suddenly spoke and looked at her for the first time since she got in the car, she thought.

"Thanks" Mia replied, amidst her surprise.

"And your hair is nice" He continued.

"Thanks" Mia said again, surprise he was complimenting her. It made her feel nervous but also made her feel good.

She returned her gaze back to the beautiful sight of the evening. It was a sight she would never forget, it was beautiful.