16: Family Feud

AELIA POV

I woke up to the sun just peaking in my window. I slowly rolled over and kissed Rose on the cheek, "goodmorning beautiful. I hope you're sleeping well." I gently placed another kiss on her hand before smoothly getting out of bed as not to wake her. I walked to our bathroom, shutting the door and brushing my teeth before brushing my hair. I tossed it up in a messy bun and slid on my plaid sweat pants before opening our bedroom door. Immediately my eyes shot to Fen who was sitting on the floor and leaning against the door with his eyes shut and arms crossed. He had full water bottles, empty water bottles and a bowl of- I don't know what that is. 

"Fen?" I asked as I walked towards him, "Fenrys?" 

"Huh?" he jolted up, "what? Is she okay?" He stood up quickly and put his hand on the knob of the door before realizing it was me. 

"Who?" I asked, "is who okay? What are you doing? Are you okay?" I looked around at the ground. He stood up straight and fixed his hair before wiping his face. 

"I found Caitlyn," he looked at me, "me and Cade, we, I had a nightmare, he was awake and checked on me, we decided to go looking and I found her. I've been up the last few hours checking on her and stuff. What time is it?" 

"Like 7," I spoke gently, "how is she? How does she look?" 

"Real beat up," he shook his head, "it pissed me off, it still does thinking about it. She's gonna need time, space-" 

"We can make that work," I nodded, "what was in the bowl?"

"All type of shit," he yawned, "Cade will know, he made it." 

"Cade made it?" I asked, "oh boy." 

"It was all based around healing and protection and stuff," I nodded, "should be okay."

"She's human?" I asked. It's really not good for us or them, it's very dangerous. 

He nodded his head, "one hundred percent. I'll protect her though, with my life." 

Wait did he? "Fen?" I asked, "did you? Did you imprint?" 

"I think so yeah," he nodded, "I mean I don't know what else it would have been. I felt pulled to her and this heat just filled my body regardless of the weather around me. Getting to her came first, everything around her comes first to me. It's like I have this personal responsibility to protect her."

"Sounds like imprinting to me," I nodded, "alright well, why are you out here?" 

"I wasn't going to force myself in my bed with her just because it's my bed," he shook his head, "I can tell she's scared, I can feel it. I wanted her to just have it to herself, if she wanted me in there I told her she could call my name but once she slept, she didn't wake up and hasn't yet so I'm just here until she does and I'm okay with that. How was Lilly? And Zero?" 

"He drove off before we could see him," I sighed, "she seemed pretty happy though." 

He started to nod his head. He's a gentleman, a good guy through and through, Fen is anyways. I'm not too sure about Zero, he seemed like a good guy while we were out but you know, that can always change. 

"Alright I'm gonna head down and start making some food for everyone," I smirked, "I'll mix her up something for breakfast too. I'll make some pancakes, I'm sure she'll enjoy actual human food." 

"I think so too," he chuckled, "thank you." I smiled again, nodding my head once and then heading downstairs into the kitchen. I started the coffee and then pulled out some strawberries and cut a banana before tossing them in the blender with some other ingredients. It was so good, the fruit was so so good. I pulled out the pancake mix and started to make them up. I heard a door open upstairs and moments later Anna came walking down.