Chapter 5

Olympic Qualifiers were in a month and Jill Ellis and the coaching staff were ready to call 20 of 22 players. Jill ended up calling Mallory Pugh, Kelley O'Hara, Hope Solo, Alyssa Naeher, Becky Sauerbrunn, Abby Dahlkemper, Lindsey Horan, Emily Sonnett, Megan Rapinoe, Ali Krieger, Ashlyn Harris, Allie Long, Kristie Mewis, Sam Mewis, Rose Lavelle, Crystal Dunn, Christen Press, Julie Johnston, Alex Morgan, and Tobin Heath. 2 players were getting the news in person, however.

Jill and Dawn walked into the restaurant in Portland, Oregon, the team was meeting at for a special dinner before they would all meet up in Los Angeles, California for their camp and then send-off series before the Olympics. The team was there except for Hope, Kelley, Tobin, Alex and of course, their children. JJ and Press brought the twins since they knew what tonight was going to be about and knew they should be here for this.

*****

SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER...
"Hey, Kiddo. We are going to a nice dinner tonight. You need to look kind of nice." Tobin said to her daughter. "I am wearing nice skinny jeans and a nice shirt. I think your mama is wearing something similar or a dress, I'm not sure, she'll probably change her mind again-"

"I heard that!" Alex yelled through the apartment. Tobin winced and Andy chuckled at her mom's.

"In any case, just dress nice." Tobin finished. Andy smiled and nodded.

"Ok. Sounds good mom."

"Be ready by 5 kid." Tobin said walking out of the room.

*****

Andy was ready by five dressed in faded grey skinny jeans, her black converse, a nice top, and her hair down. Tobin was wearing white skinny jeans with flip flops and a nice shirt and her hair down. Alex did end up changing her mind several times before finally deciding to kind of match with Andy and Tobin by going with black skinny jeans, some boots with a slight heel, and a nice shirt with her hair in a braid.

"Ok moms. I'm ready." Andy said, walking into the kitchen.

"Sounds good. So are we." Tobin said. 

"Have you guys sent out the invitations yet?" Andy asked as they headed to the car.

"Yeah. We actually sent them out today." Tobin said.

"Assuming we qualify for the Olympics, the wedding will be after that but it will be before the NWSL Playoffs." Alex explained. Andy nodded and smiled. The three got in the car and started the drive to the restaurant. Alex texted Jill they were there when they pulled into the parking lot. Tobin and Alex shared a look before getting out of the car.

*****

Inside the restaurant, Jill read the text Alex had sent. "Ok, everyone. The Morgan-Heaths are almost here. And the O'Hara/Solo's are here as well." Jill said. Everyone nodded.

*****

"Theo?" Andy said, noticing her girlfriend. Theo turned around wide-eyed.

"Andy?" Theo said. "What are you doing here?" She pulled Andy into a hug.

"Dude. I live here." Theo rolled her eyes. "But here, I don't know. Moms said we were going out for a nice dinner." Andy explained. "What are you doing here?"

"Moms needed to come to Portland for something with Jill. They said we weren't staying long so I didn't text you cause I knew I wouldn't be able to see you and I didn't want to have to say goodbye and leave you. Obviously, I was wrong." Theo explained.

"Hey girls. Let's head in ok?" Kelley said to the young couple. They nodded and followed their moms toward the front door.

"Yeah. Everyone is waiting after all." Hope said. Andy and Theo gave each other a look.